Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Looks clean enough. Matching #'s?? From experience looks are deceiving. A small magnet can help expose large bondo sections from cheap repairs previously made. Use a soft cloth between magnet and paint to avoid scratches. Check trunk and floor plans for rust. Typical trouble zones quarters behind wheels, bottoms of windows for rust as well. Keep it factory if you get it. Too many classics are getting the "Overhaulin'" Resto-Mod treatment. Soon enough clean original cars will be even more desirable.

Not a huge Ford/Mustang guys either But I know what these are and respect them. My .02 Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks clean enough. Matching #'s?? From experience looks are deceiving. A small magnet can help expose large bondo sections from cheap repairs previously made. Use a soft cloth between magnet and paint to avoid scratches. Check trunk and floor plans for rust. Typical trouble zones quarters behind wheels, bottoms of windows for rust as well. Keep it factory if you get it. Too many classics are getting the "Overhaulin'" Resto-Mod treatment. Soon enough clean original cars will be even more desirable.

Not a huge Ford/Mustang guys either But I know what these are and respect them. My .02 Good luck.

Mike
:+1: But I am a mustang fan got a 71 myself so I say pull the trigger if everything looks good.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at it today. California car, No rust, good glass, original straight 6 with with 82000 original miles. Everything looks/feels good. Just little things here and there but Im not worried about seeing that im looking for a daily driver and not a show car.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I think it's a beaut!!!!! money well spent...as an "investment" you can drive!!

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently I drive a 65 galaxie and that car is a boat so Im selling it locally to a friend. I love classic cars but I just wanted something a little more "sporty", so the mustang will do for now. Anyone know how much it would be to add a/c? It has the mounting points on the engine for a a/c that was once there.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My dad had 69 1/2 "Grande" edition with a 302 when I was a kid. I loved that car. I added A/C to my 1972 chevelle for a total of about $900 in parts, I did my own labor. It adds up: Condenser, evaporator, lines, compressor (use the newer type), bracket, pulleys, etc.

The mustang looks great

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is it stick or auto? What engine does it have? Sweet car, I'd go for it if I was you.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dad had 69 1/2 "Grande" edition with a 302 when I was a kid. I loved that car. I added A/C to my 1972 chevelle for a total of about $900 in parts, I did my own labor. It adds up: Condenser, evaporator, lines, compressor (use the newer type), bracket, pulleys, etc.

The mustang looks great
Nice cuhuba, i like the "grande"s! My lil bro has a 72 chevelle as well and added a/c but he just paid the guy buy the hour and didnt keep up with how much it costed. The mustang is a little more common then the chevelle so it should be a little cheaper.

Is it stick or auto? What engine does it have? Sweet car, I'd go for it if I was you.
Thanks xowenbyx, its auto and it has the original inline six.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I picked it up today and drove it a hour from Denton to Ft Worth. No hickups or anything like that, and a very smooth ride!

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
that is a call only you can make dude. i come from a mustang family and the value of that car is not very high nor is resale. the fastback and a big block is where the value is.
my dad bought a '69 mach 1 new and sold it when he was a kid. he now has a '69 and a '70 fastback waiting to be restored in his garage. the '70 already has the motor and tranny rebuilt just waiting on the car to be restored.

·
Registered
198 Posts
that is a call only you can make dude. i come from a mustang family and the value of that car is not very high nor is resale. the fastback and a big block is where the value is.
my dad bought a '69 mach 1 new and sold it when he was a kid. he now has a '69 and a '70 fastback waiting to be restored in his garage. the '70 already has the motor and tranny rebuilt just waiting on the car to be restored.
:+1:
congrats on the purchase, but i just can't see spending money on a "muscle" car that doesn't have a V8 in it...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice looking ride for sure:thumbsup:

Just remember..maintenance, maintenance, maintenance! I have owned a few vintage vehicles and the key is to stay vigilant. Don't put off the little projects, stay on top of it and you will be happy...let them go and build up then you have major projects and an unreliable vehicle on your hands. Not good when its your daily driver.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:+1:
congrats on the purchase, but i just can't see spending money on a "muscle" car that doesn't have a V8 in it...
Thanks, I bought it because I wanted something to have as a daily driver and not look like everyone else in todays rat race. I understand what your saying about the "muscle", but my 10 has all the horses I need:mrgreen:

Nice looking ride for sure:thumbsup:

Just remember..maintenance, maintenance, maintenance! I have owned a few vintage vehicles and the key is to stay vigilant. Don't put off the little projects, stay on top of it and you will be happy...let them go and build up then you have major projects and an unreliable vehicle on your hands. Not good when its your daily driver.
O yes I understand that maintenance is the key when owning a classic vehicle! Iv owned a 64 fairlane, and a 65 galaxie and they ran like the first day off the assembly line. Trust me, I treat these vehicles like my children.

Congrats Scavenger.....mustangs are a nice car. :thumbsup:
Thanx red, they are nice but here in TX everyone and their mom has one(late models).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts