Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought several items from this member. He was always quick to reply. He asked me to complete the PayPal transaction as a gift, so I did. The parts arrived in really poor condition. I asked him to contact me; he never did. He has not replied whatsoever to any of my several messages. I tried to file a dispute with PayPal, but they said the transaction was not covered by Buyer Protection because I had completed the transaction as a gift. The guy is conniving. I would recommend NOT doing business with him.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Why would you need to be an established member to warn others of "deadbeat sellers"?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
To the OP,
Did you give the seller negative Itrader Feedback and negative rep??
Also PM a mod about the bad seller for a possible ban.
Itrader Feedback is crucial to let other members see what kind of business he does.

And don't send money for parts as a gift.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To the OP,
Did you give the seller negative Itrader Feedback and negative rep??
Also PM a mod about the bad seller for a possible ban.
Itrader Feedback is crucial to let other members see what kind of business he does.

And don't send money for parts as a gift.

I left a negative comment on 674_Jackel's profile page and obviously here on the Buyer/Seller Feedback subforum.

I contacted two moderators: hillcountry10r and bluedevil. hillcountry10r never replied to me. Bluedevil got back to me. He gave me several suggestions, but said he no longer spends as much time on the forum so he couldnt step into the dispute.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to leave iTrader feedback. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, duly noted - NEVER send payment for parts as a gift ever again.

Thanks for the support, members!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Why would you need to be an established member to warn others of "deadbeat sellers"?
:+1::dontknow:......Anyone that experiences a bad sale please use the Feedback section or contact a Moderator.

I left a negative comment on 674_Jackel's profile page and obviously here on the Buyer/Seller Feedback subforum.

I contacted two moderators: hillcountry10r and bluedevil. hillcountry10r never replied to me. Bluedevil got back to me. He gave me several suggestions, but said he no longer spends as much time on the forum so he couldnt step into the dispute.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to leave iTrader feedback. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, duly noted - NEVER send payment for parts as a gift ever again.

Thanks for the support, members!
No what I said is some Moderators feel it's buyer beware I am a Seller Beware Moderator and have in the past sent PMs to Sellers with good results but that takes some tracking which I may not have time to do right now maybe another Moderator that does have the time will don't know. :dontknow:......bottom line as far as this site is concerned the feedback section is the main thing this site can do if there is something fraudjulent going on Contact the Admin he is the only one that can stop Classified privileges on this site I can Ban a member and that will do the same thing just don't have enough info. to see if that is warranted.

PS..Hillbilly hasn't been a Moderator here for years.

Current Moderators:

Bluedevil
Redgirl
Miykl
Skydork
Gofaster

Admin

YSR50

Bloo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:+1::dontknow:......Anyone that experiences a bad sale please use the Feedback section or contact a Moderator.

No what I said is some Moderators feel it's buyer beware I am a Seller Beware Moderator and have in the past sent PMs to Sellers with good results but that takes some tracking which I may not have time to do right now maybe another Moderator that does have the time will don't know. :dontknow:......bottom line as far as this site is concerned the feedback section is the main thing this site can do if there is something fraudjulent going on Contact the Admin he is the only one that can stop Classified privileges on this site I can Ban a member and that will do the same thing just don't have enough info. to see if that is warranted.

Current Moderators:

Bluedevil
Redgirl
Miykl
Skydork
Gofaster

Admin

YSR50

Bloo
Thank You!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem I hope you get it all sorted out sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Bloo

You've really helped me out a lot already. I just Pm'd the Moderators and the Administrator.

How do I leave iTrader feedback for a member?

Grazie!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
You've really helped me out a lot already. I just Pm'd the Moderators and the Administrator.

How do I leave iTrader feedback for a member?

Grazie!
It has to be from a Classified add if you did something in PMs only I don't think you can do it but under the Sellers Profile there is a Itrader tag and click and enter the info. good or bad there....if you don't see it let me know I can show links or pics.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It has to be from a Classified add if you did something in PMs only I don't think you can do it but under the Sellers Profile there is a Itrader tag and click and enter the info. good or bad there....if you don't see it let me know I can show links or pics.

bloo
Ok...found it go to the classified section find the Members ADD and click under the profile "ITrader" and you get this:

Have to say though has good feedback you sure you haven't exhausted all avenues?

Bloo

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok...found it go to the classified section find the Members ADD and click under the profile "ITrader" and you get this:

Have to say though has good feedback you sure you haven't exhausted all avenues?

Bloo
I found it. Yes, I read his feedback, and I hated to be the one to tarnish his rep, but he really did it to himself. If I showed you the timeline of how many messages I sent, how many deadlines I gave him, how much I explained to him in detail what I would do if he didn't at least respond, you would say I've been way too generous. Believe me, I did not want it to come to this, and I even told him I wasn't mad and that if he didn't have the money, we could work out a payment plan. He never responded. So goes it. If he contacts me and we work something out, Ill add an update to any negative comments Ive left, but until then I have to presume he is not going to contact me because all he has done is avoid and ignore me since Feb 24th.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Like it says in the Posting Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
ZX-10r.net assumes no responsibility for any bad deals. Buy/trade/sell at your own risk!!!!

And although I thought it was common knowledge, I went and added the info about paying as a gift through Paypal.

Due to the above info I feel that making purchases on forums is a buyer beware situation. We can't police the sales on line. Sometimes no matter how careful you are you can still get screwed over, and I have been. However, that's not to say that we won't help out if a member gets screwed. But honestly, other then pulling someones classifieds privileges as bloo mentioned, there's not much we can do. That's why threads like this are so important. They get the word out

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like it says in the Posting Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
ZX-10r.net assumes no responsibility for any bad deals. Buy/trade/sell at your own risk!!!!

And although I thought it was common knowledge, I went and added the info about paying as a gift through Paypal.

Due to the above info I feel that making purchases on forums is a buyer beware situation. We can't police the sales on line. Sometimes no matter how careful you are you can still get screwed over, and I have been. However, that's not to say that we won't help out if a member gets screwed. But honestly, other then pulling someones classifieds privileges as bloo mentioned, there's not much we can do. That's why threads like this are so important. They get the word out
Thanks for the info. Yes, sending as a gift was idiotic on my part. It was one of those things I had a bad feeling about, but didn't listen to my instincts. Lesson learned.

Whatever action you see fit take or not take in this situation is good with me. I trust your judgment as Administrator.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts

Current Moderators:

Bluedevil
Redgirl
Miykl
Skydork
Gofaster
Badexample

Admin

YSR50

Bloo
:spit:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
If you aren't part of the problem or the solution, please stand down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's see 'em...
Ill snap some pics when I get over to my storage unit. In the meantime, here's a description of the problems with the parts.

I bought four parts from Jason: headlights, left muffler, right and left heat shields. The headlights had no bulbs, which is not a huge issue, but I would've appreciated that information so I could factor that into the price.
I purchased the headlights because my bike was missing them, so I did not have extra bulbs I could just swap out. The bigger issue was that the city light bulbs have been glued into place!! There's a black substance all around the grey city lights, it sorta rubbery, but a damn good adhesive because I was unable to remove either light.

About half of the muffler had been spray painted with either a glass or matte black spray paint. The paint job is immediately recognizable. It was done in a dusty environment or not wiped down first, so there are particles embedded in the paint. The worst part is that the spray painted portion does not match the factory color portion - two different finishes altogether. Both heat shields were subject to the same piss poor paint job.

I was replacing the exhaust on my 2006 because I didn't like the silver color of the heat shields and the bronze color on the muffler tips. I wanted 2007 parts because they had the factory black look - flat black muffler and flat or matte black heat shields. I paid $200 to Jason for these parts. Because they made my bike look like it was a owned by a hillbilly, I ended up buying new exhaust parts from another member here (Audiman72). I met Audiman72 at his place, parts were in near perfect condition, and he gave me a great price. He's a great seller.

Fortunately, I have a TON of evidence documenting the transaction between Jason and I, and showing it was a purchase and not a gift. So I am going to try PayPal again to see if I can convince them to step in, since Jason ripped me off and defrauded them by directing me to complete the transaction as a gift. I'm still hopeful that I'll get my money back and ship the parts back to the 674 Jackel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts