Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinion about the new 650 Ninja that is coming out???

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Seems pretty cool to me for what it is.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Ill keep my 10r...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
will contend with the sv 650 and I hope It kicks its ass lol

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
DB said:
What's everyone's opinion about the new 650 Ninja that is coming out???
Gives me some hope that they'll do a new from the ground up 250-400cc bike. :thumbsup: Something fun and cheep to run when I am not riding the Ti beast.

Chris

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks great to me will be good for begginers and will compete with the sv650 on the track so I have heard

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
kneedragger said:
will contend with the sv 650 and I hope It kicks its ass lol
Well I highly dought it will even compare to the SV650. I checked the ninja out at the local dealer, when you sit on it, the thing just doesnt feel right. I own a SV1000 and have riden sv650's many times and those sv650's are one sweet bike. very very fun to ride and it would make a great street bike for all levels of riders. IMO Kawasaki could have done a lot better job on that ninja 650. It will be interesting to see the road test when they compare the sv and the new ninja.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
I see he liked it, guess i'll just have to ride one. It will be a very close battle between the 650 ninja and the sv650. I just know that the sv650 is one solid bike that has proven itself time and time again, and its also fun to ride for riders of all levels. I'm just giving them both a fair chance and let them duke it out. I'm not brand loyal to any manufactuer, I see the bikes for what they are. I'm not going to say that the ninja is better just cause I myself own a ninja. i'm just saying that I think its going to be very hard to take the place of the sv650..........time will tell?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Rode the sv and didnt like it. the rear end locked up to easy going into corners.more than i likes. i dare to say the zx650 may have a slipper clutch...? maybe..? it was smoother. does that make sence?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
sczx10r said:
Rode the sv and didnt like it. the rear end locked up to easy going into corners.more than i likes. i dare to say the zx650 may have a slipper clutch...? maybe..? it was smoother. does that make sence?
Yes, I know excatly what you're talking about! My sv1000 does the same shit when you down shift to early, I think it just has something to do with it being a v-twin. That ninja650 probaly would be a little smoother do to the fact it does'nt have to have such big counter weights in the motor due to it not being a v-twin. I guess i'm just use to it.......

How was the low end tourqe on that ninja 650?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
well yea no shit. but for a second bike this would be my choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ups and downs

havent ridden the new kawi but i have ridden a sv650 and it was very fun to ride .... but can the parallel twin produce as well as a v-twin ... also the kawi 650 that i sat on seemed big ... like to much plastic :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yea i thought that too. i also thought the retard dirt bike bars would suck. i was wrong. the only thing i sont like is the swing are adjustment. looks cheap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts