Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me catch you guys up...i posted a list about two months back knowing that i'll have some money coming in from the feds as well as cheaper bills since i moved in with my g/f....

WRONG!!!!!

so first i give anywhere from 200 to 1000 per month helping her catch up with her bills for the last 5 months and then she tells me last week that she fugged up her taxes and will basically eat up mine paying for hers...soooo before the calls to ditch her, i'm gonna put a ring on her finger and have already made that decision....

heres the rub....

is the brembo really much better than the 636 radial ???

are you 636 guys satisfied witht the performance, sensitivity, lack of fade from the m/c or should i spend the extra cash for the brembo???

will my galfer lines i have on the stock 04 m/c work with one or both???( i think they will work, but would like someones experience)

i thought i saw some guys finding the 636 for about $150 and the brembo will be more like $300 after brake switch ...

anyhow, guys, i would appreciate any opinions...thanks....

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
latdrop said:
first let me catch you guys up...i posted a list about two months back knowing that i'll have some money coming in from the feds as well as cheaper bills since i moved in with my g/f....

are you 636 guys satisfied with the performance, sensitivity, lack of fade from the m/c or should i spend the extra cash for the brembo???

will my galfer lines i have on the stock 04 m/c work with one or both???( i think they will work, but would like someones experience)

i thought i saw some guys finding the 636 for about $150 and the brembo will be more like $300 after brake switch ...

my ol opinion / experience to date is.................

comparatively speaking i believe the brembo be it cast or billet is superior to the 05 636 MC.

to date i'm satisfied with the 636 mc as far as initial lever feel, braking performance BUT i've not subjected it to track use to say if fade will be an issue or not.

i'm not sure about the 10 lines fitting the 636 mc as i installed 636 lines.

if you search you can find the 636 mc for fairly cheap ($80-100) and if a lever is needed thats an additional cost.

BD

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The 636 radial will be better than the stock 10R, but the Brembo will be better than the 636. JMO. Buy what you can afford. Either will be better than stock.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
The 636 radial will be better than the stock 10R, but the Brembo will be better than the 636. JMO. Buy what you can afford. Either will be better than stock.
+1 I have the brembo here and if price aint an issure pick one up

·
Registered
242 Posts
yea i am running a brembo MC and galfer lines and fancy RBF600 fluid. i've ridden a 636 and i do remember the brakes to be pretty damn impressive, but the preformance from my brembo on my 10R is straight up jaw dropping. also, with the brembo you can choose which size MC you want, so you can suit your needs best. do i think my brembo is worth twice what a stock 636 MC is worth? hell no. did i buy it anyway just so i could put the best shit possible on my bike - hell yes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys...
i'm not gonna save a damn dime!!!
i'm really leaning towards the brembo and am also screwing with the idea of carbon lorraine or vesrah pads...
do i need them???NO...do i need to do any suspension mods at all???NO...
BUT will i be able to tell the difference???i believe the answer is YES...
this is my only new anything ever, i've logged a bunch of miles on a bunch of shitty bikes, and i wanna this one to be the best it can within reason...
problem is...i keep changing "within reason"...
fo sho will not order when :beer:cause i'm all tore up and mod-happy right now...must get rest, must come to senses...i posted in the sponsor section i'll wait and see...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
latdrop said:

WRONG!!!!!

so first i give anywhere from 200 to 1000 per month helping her catch up with her bills for the last 5 months and then she tells me last week that she fugged up her taxes and will basically eat up mine paying for hers...soooo before the calls to ditch her, i'm gonna put a ring on her finger and have already made that decision....

heres the rub....

are you 636 guys satisfied witht the performance, sensitivity, lack of fade from the m/c or should i spend the extra cash for the brembo???

the brembo is overkill for the street...

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
if it helps-our site sponsor,superbike supply sent mine with switch 250 delivered 829-395-4231

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
avdigigeek said:
the brembo is overkill for the street...
It's good for dual purpose street/track. Remember the ZX10R is overkill for the street also. But that's why most of us love this bike. If you own a ZX10R, do yourself a favor and hit the track once in a while.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
SP8 said:
It's good for dual purpose street/track. Remember the ZX10R is overkill for the street also. But that's why most of us love this bike. If you own a ZX10R, do yourself a favor and hit the track once in a while.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the replys guys...

yes, i appreciate the opinions, i am going to do trackdays once i can afford to...and i am blessed with a bunch of really tight twisty roads( and some more open ones, as well) that start about two miles from my house...

thanks to ground zero, i am getting a major suspension upgrade in the form of ohlins r/t forks and triple click shock(i find myself on the kyleusa site drooling over the pictures of the parts, already)

sooooo, how could i, in my right mind, not get the brembo???...
coupled with a set of pads that have a hard initial bite(thats my next question) and my brakes should be good to go...i already have a set of galfer lines(not superbike)...i'm not fuggin with the rear brakes, dont use em much anyway...

sooo the plan is a set of pilot powers ,brembo 19x18 with brake switch, new pads(again, undecided on type until i get more info)...then ride the wheels off the thing!!!...

yeah, i understand there is a line of thinking that goes something like "why get something that is better than the rider??"...and to that we have seen all the justifications, but for me, its simply since i suffered on shitty 20 year old technology for the first 20 years of street riding...i had to watch friends and rookies on WAY better machinery, and i always swore that SOMEDAY, I'LL OWN THE ABSOLUTE BEST BIKE THAT I CAN GET!!!...and i gotta say, the members here have kept me from short changing my dream!!!...

oh... and i'm soooo fuggin broke right now...but all is well, i already got 2 sets of tickets for motogp laguna seca... see you there!!!...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
its cool Lat. :cool:

Give some thought to the Vesrah RJL pads, i've not used them personally but have found many positive remarks and conversation about them.

BD

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right on BD...
i actually priced those with a site sponsor this week...
now i just gotta squeeeeeeze them onto the credit card...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SUPER K said:
if it helps-our site sponsor,superbike supply sent mine with switch 250 delivered 829-395-4231
pretty sure thats where i got a reply from in the sponsor section, tried a different phone # tho and didnt work...i'll try this one...

back to :beer:...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts