Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I ditched my gen 1 years ago and moved back to Arizona. Was into cars for a while and got shoulder deep in a project car that couldn’t sell. Finally made the move and sold it below value to get another 10r. Gen 2 this time and loving every second on it.

Details:
06 gen 2
26.7k miles
Pazzo shorties
Puig double bubble
Full akropovic carbon exhaust

I’m not nearly the reckless idiot I used to be and just want to enjoy the riding this go around. If you were around back in the day, say what’s up!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
WB dude, great looking bike, just like mine!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Welcome back,
That's a beautiful Gen 2 you got there. Looks like it has the "must-do" mod of swapping brake calipers for Nissin's.
Any other mods planned?
If you haven't did it yet I would start planning to do a valve check to be sure nothings too out of spec!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back,
That's a beautiful Gen 2 you got there. Looks like it has the "must-do" mod of swapping brake calipers for Nissin's.
Any other mods planned?
If you haven't did it yet I would start planning to do a valve check to be sure nothings too out of spec!

Thanks! Getting the valves checked is in the plan as soon as possible.

Toying with the idea of converting to a set of white fairings and gold wheels like my 06 636 from years ago. Currently has micheline pp2ct, I would like to get a set of battleaxe tires from Bridgestone. Had a set of them on my 05 zx10r back in the day and loved them. Considering a single side exit exhaust and ditching the full akro exhaust. The only thing solid and in the works is maintenance. Pics of my two from
Back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Thanks! Getting the valves checked is in the plan as soon as possible.

Toying with the idea of converting to a set of white fairings and gold wheels like my 06 636 from years ago. Currently has micheline pp2ct, I would like to get a set of battleaxe tires from Bridgestone. Had a set of them on my 05 zx10r back in the day and loved them. Considering a single side exit exhaust and ditching the full akro exhaust. The only thing solid and in the works is maintenance. Pics of my two from
Back in the day

Nice!

I think white w/Gold rims would look sweet, if I didn't love the Kawi Green so much that would probably be my color of choice too.

On the exhaust, I dig the dual under tail exhaust, I currently have the akro slip on's(also gutted cats so it's almost the same as a full exhaust), if you decide to part ways with your full exhaust, I might be interested since those Akra headers are probably a bit lighter and should flow a bit better.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!

I think white w/Gold rims would look sweet, if I didn't love the Kawi Green so much that would probably be my color of choice too.

On the exhaust, I dig the dual under tail exhaust, I currently have the akro slip on's(also gutted cats so it's almost the same as a full exhaust), if you decide to part ways with your full exhaust, I might be interested since those Akra headers are probably a bit lighter and should flow a bit better.

I like the kawi green. I’ve just never been a fan of colored vehicles. Neutral colors have always been the way for me.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes. I can tel Facebook is killing the forums a bit, this page used to be crazy active.

Loving every minute on the 10r though. Already got an inch down on the chicken strips from the previous owner lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes. I can tel Facebook is killing the forums a bit, this page used to be crazy active.
Your absolutely right. Instatwitterface has put a hurting on a lot of forums. Used to be quit the buzz of people around here. Still a great bunch of folks but not the real sense of community there used to be. Kinda sad really.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I refuse to even use fb hardly at all anymore. Honestly the majority of riders on the fb groups are the biggest bunch of deadbeats and tire kickers I've ever seen in all my years of mc work.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your absolutely right. Instatwitterface has put a hurting on a lot of forums. Used to be quit the buzz of people around here. Still a great bunch of folks but not the real sense of community there used to be. Kinda sad really.

Saddest part is that the Facebook groups around here (Phoenix AZ) are dead also unless it’s primarily a car page.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I refuse to even use fb hardly at all anymore. Honestly the majority of riders on the fb groups are the biggest bunch of deadbeats and tire kickers I've ever seen in all my years of mc work.

I haven’t had this just yet. Typical squids people wanting to do highway pulls and such of course though. I only really ever use the social media platforms for hobbies anyway. It’s good for entertainment when it isn’t riddled with political bs and forced news updates to things I don’t care about.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I haven’t had this just yet. Typical squids people wanting to do highway pulls and such of course though. I only really ever use the social media platforms for hobbies anyway. It’s good for entertainment when it isn’t riddled with political bs and forced news updates to things I don’t care about.

Could never do the InstaTwitFace thing. Can be bad for your sanity and career. :idea:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome back! Always great to see another Gen2 on the forum.

No Facebook here.

Thanks! To be honest I used to hate the look of the gen 2. It has grown on me lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks! To be honest I used to hate the look of the gen 2. It has grown on me lol

Welcome back! I used to hate the look too back in 2006 when I had my gen 1’s. Now I think it’s the best looking of all the gens. Only took me about 10 years lol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd keep the full Akra exhaust if it were me, I just have the bolt-ons. I personally think they look great. Anyway, if you ever get rid of the full system, let me know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts