Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone run 6 pad front brakes on there ZX10 ? just want some feedback --- like any mounting problems -- also how they feel on the track or street---

i have mine on the way :cool:

·
Registered
969 Posts
What kind did you get?? Got a link to them??

·
Registered
685 Posts
Did you happen to measure the spacing between bolts to verify that they would fit first? Unless you got 09 R1 forks too, I doubt they will fit. :dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The won't fit Samoan, you will either have to swap forks from the R1 and fab up some spacers or use the whole R-1 front end. ISR sells a 6 piston Radial (Along with PVM) that fits the standard japanese 108mm spacing. The R-1 is like 120mm or something like that. I am pretty sure there are not adapters either. And the R-1 brakes can be described as wodden and lacking feel at best. Your better bet would be to get a set of 4 Pisont 4 Pad Nissin Calipers, they come on the ZX14, Zx6R, z1000, and concours.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the ones on the R1 are 108mm --- one of my other Buds used them on an RC51 --- he told me all jap bike calipers are 108mm --- i just might have to cut spacers on my lathe ---

hey for $50 how can U go wrong

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The won't fit Samoan, you will either have to swap forks from the R1 and fab up some spacers or use the whole R-1 front end. ISR sells a 6 piston Radial (Along with PVM) that fits the standard japanese 108mm spacing. The R-1 is like 120mm or something like that. I am pretty sure there are not adapters either. And the R-1 brakes can be described as wodden and lacking feel at best. Your better bet would be to get a set of 4 Pisont 4 Pad Nissin Calipers, they come on the ZX14, Zx6R, z1000, and concours.

wouldn't the lack of feel be due to the rowder?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
the ones on the R1 are 108mm --- one of my other Buds used them on an RC51 --- he told me all jap bike calipers are 108mm --- i just might have to cut spacers on my lathe ---

hey for $50 how can U go wrong
The four piston R-1 calipers, were 108MM, the six piston calipers are most definately 120MM. Unfortunately your friend told you wrong, you can see the difference in pictures even.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The four piston R-1 calipers, were 108MM, the six piston calipers are most definately 120MM. Unfortunately your friend told you wrong, you can see the difference in pictures even.

ok -- i bid look at some pic's before and i thought they were bigger also --- so it never crossed my mind to use them --- but when priceing the 6 piston cal's were like 1,200 and up --- i didn't have my dial calipers with me when i saw the R1's 6 pot's on my friends RC51 --- but i do kno that the adapters for the RC51 are 108mm and there on there ---

i will kno when i get them on tuesday

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can always ebay them if you can't make them work for you.
true Brotha --- LOL ---but i'm going to go to the yamaha shop tomarrow and measure them to make sure --- i just called my friend with the RC and he says there 108mm ---- but he has no dial calipers !!!!

anyone with a R1 should shout out

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea -- U were right --- the R1 were 130 mm --- i just have to see if i can come up with an a adapter plate or try something else

·
Registered
685 Posts
yea -- U were right --- the R1 were 130 mm --- i just have to see if i can come up with an a adapter plate or try something else
:rolleyes: Adapter plate??? If I were you, I would NOT be improvising when it comes to brakes. Unless you plan on machining an entire new lower attachment point, I would sell the R1 calipers and buy a set off the ZX14/ZX6. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts