Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since i need most of a front end anyways and every 10r front i go after falls thru, i was looking to get a 09+ 6r front (forks/tripples/etc.) instead. Also assuming the 6r wheel is the same, that as well.

Any input and info is appreciated, NEED to get the bike up and running or ill go INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It depends mainly on the outer tubes' lenght difference. If you don't want to disturb the geometry, the font end's height should remain close to stock.

Gen3 outer tube lenght is approx. 500 mm + appr. 255 mm from the dust seal to the front axle center.

ZX6R BPF outer tube lenght is approx. 505 mm + 225 mm from the dust seal to the front axle center.

This means that the ZX6R BPF would be 25 mm shorter than your stock fork. Thus the outer tubes would be out of reach of the upper triple clamp.
So at least you'd have to use a different triple tree or lower the front end drastically.

BTW: the ZX6R BPF needs 51 mm upper clamp diameter and 53 mm lower clamp diameter. *The fork legs of the ZX6R BPF have the same distance to each other as with your stock forks. The offset value is 26 mm.* (* When clamped in ZX6R BPF tripe tree) The front wheel axle and wheel spacers are identical with the Gen 3 parts.

If you don't want to drop the front end and accept the consequences, I'd say this mod is not an option for you!

regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts