Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Both my zx10r gen 4 and 5 pull 3.45-3.55 60-130 times and 204/205mph 9/10 mile speed, I run 18/39 gearing which is longer than most. It's all about tuning and proper setup, videos of both are on my Instagram blakk_death_performance along with mods etc if your looking for ideas. Pump gas also from 60 roll in first
Also those inflated dyno numbers will mean nothing in real life, some of the fastest street bikes never see a dyno
I actually threw the tune down on this bike for Southwest. I agree with you 100% big dyno number is just fun talk for people. I didnt have access to a dyno until earlier this August up until then I did my tuning in the street with a dragy. The big number is just what Kawi does but the 60 rolls on this tune are pretty stout. Its now just time to invest in the go fast mods I've been avoiding if I want to increase run speeds. It was exciting seeing another zx10 putting down big numbers though, I dont feel like I have a Wednesday motor anymore. On another note I follow you on Instagram, funny how small the zx10 world is 馃槀

Registered
In Memory of SkyDork 11.28.2021
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was wondering if you would ever chime in!! Haha.

Thank you again to Andre Lawrence for all the hard work, time, effort, and dedication you invested along the way to make my 10RR a better, faster, stronger riding experience.

But we're not done yet.

Registered
In Memory of SkyDork 11.28.2021
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's a very stout number. Congrats. Like my OP says, "what exactly did you do to achieve your high HP numbers?" For all I know, you could be using jet fuel. Hahaha.

*Reminder: 91 Octane. No turbo. No nitrous.

You gonna share what you did to achieve that 213 number?

Registered
Looking at the chart is the initial run stock ecu? Seems like the rev limiter was on for sure. The last run is remarkably identical to the first run just with a longer rev, but the drastic difference in power basically at every single rpm seems odd to me. 213 is definately doable on MR12 but it would be odd to see the curve be identical everywhere like that with a 25hp difference. And MR12 isn't going to account for that much more power.

Registered
Looking at the chart is the initial run stock ecu? Seems like the rev limiter was on for sure. The last run is remarkably identical to the first run just with a longer rev, but the drastic difference in power basically at every single rpm seems odd to me. 213 is definately doable on MR12 but it would be odd to see the curve be identical everywhere like that with a 25hp difference. And MR12 isn't going to account for that much more power.
sorry what is MR12 ?

Registered
lol.. your dyno operator playin some tricks on you to make you feel good.... no f'ing way just an ecu flash and pump gas is making 200+ hp.... maybe hes doing his own conversion to crank hp
Im skeptical as well. I broke 200 (and thats Disneyland number not real number at my altitude) but it took major ecu changes, air filter, full akra system) to get there. The original posters bike I tuned and we hit 196 and change as a Disneyland number without the full exhaust swap. 190s is obtainable on the latest generation bikes but 200 takes some investment

Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
What you mean adjusted fuel injectors from 40 to 50? Upper or lower or? Sorry I know there is injector adjustment but in the context you gave I'm lost or misunderstanding your explanation... enlightenment would be appreciated.

Registered
Adjust the injector split to favor the upper injectors more at higher RPM... on bikes that don't already have more than 50% of the fuel load on the uppers it makes a measurable difference.

Registered
For the record, a full exhaust doesnt help top end at all, just midrange.
As I stated above, my RR with ECU, full exhaust, Kit Cams, Head gasket, air filter etc, makes 205 on pump gas.
WIth the Kit ECU, and head shave and port, with Race Fuel my builder gets 211.
On the pre-finger follower head bikes, the kit cams are worth about 10hp. The newer head alleviates the need for the cams, but with the cams, the new head makes even more power, just shy of 210.
Its much easier to hit 200rwhp with the newer head.
That being said, the shorty exhaust sucks mid-range, the longer mid pipe and exhaust can is worth about 10-15 ft lbs in the mid range.
EDR posts their dyno videos.

Registered
For the record, a full exhaust doesnt help top end at all, just midrange.
As I stated above, my RR with ECU, full exhaust, Kit Cams, Head gasket, air filter etc, makes 205 on pump gas.
WIth the Kit ECU, and head shave and port, with Race Fuel my builder gets 211.
On the pre-finger follower head bikes, the kit cams are worth about 10hp. The newer head alleviates the need for the cams, but with the cams, the new head makes even more power, just shy of 210.
Its much easier to hit 200rwhp with the newer head.
That being said, the shorty exhaust sucks mid-range, the longer mid pipe and exhaust can is worth about 10-15 ft lbs in the mid range.
EDR posts their dyno videos.
Super off topic, but my 17 top end is there getting the head work done for the kit cams. I went with them based on your glowing review, and I should be getting a call any day this week. Can鈥檛 wait!

Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
Adjust the injector split to favor the upper injectors more at higher RPM... on bikes that don't already have more than 50% of the fuel load on the uppers it makes a measurable difference.
Is that just do to better atomization of the fuel/ a better air fuel mixture since its going in via upper injectors? would make sense. thanks for clarifying

21 - 38 of 38 Posts