Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if anybody on here or no anybody that has been in the 5's 1/8 on swb gen1. thats been my goal since ive own the bike and so close but not quite there yet :lol: best pass to date [email protected] just need to knock off 2 tenths :wink: if anybody got any pointers or tips feel free to post up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think it shouldnt be to hard with enough power and a lightweight rider. I know Tony Ferland has been [email protected] in the 1/8th on his 2011 stock motor , stock wheel base ,foot shifting and [email protected] in the 1/4

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it shouldnt be to hard with enough power and a lightweight rider. I know Tony Ferland has been [email protected] in the 1/8th on his 2011 stock motor , stock wheel base ,foot shifting and [email protected] in the 1/4
bike makes good power just im 200# suited so im not the lightest rider :lol: i seen where tony ran some killer times on gen4 dat dude can ride his ass off !!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've seen a guy on a gsxr 1000 heavily modded na motor run in the high 5's, I would say he was around the 185 mark suited and he was a wicked rider. If he can pull it off you can to zx.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
You apparently haven't rode a 1st gen. There is NO comparison to the 4th gen. Just the transmission and power alone is a world apart. ZX at your weight it will be really really hard to get down in the 5's.

I was stuck in the 6.0's FOREVER! And I'm about 40lbs lighter. It's possible I dunno about at your weight. I would say if you change the first gear Eat some laxatives and find a shit load of compression somewhere it MAY be possible but it's a long shot.

The biggest difference between the 1st gen 10 and ANY other bike especially Suzuki are the transmissions. Kawi tried to tame the 1st gen by puttin a Rediculasly long first gear in it. That right there kills it. Only hope is to have a really light rider on the stock first gear. If you change the first gear it will pick up quite a bit though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen a guy on a gsxr 1000 heavily modded na motor run in the high 5's, I would say he was around the 185 mark suited and he was a wicked rider. If he can pull it off you can to zx.
yea i seen quite few 1k's in the 5's swb most of them are flyweights :badteeth: thats the way i look at it man if he can do it why can't i. i no its going to be hard but im up for the challenge :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You apparently haven't rode a 1st gen. There is NO comparison to the 4th gen. Just the transmission and power alone is a world apart. ZX at your weight it will be really really hard to get down in the 5's.

I was stuck in the 6.0's FOREVER! And I'm about 40lbs lighter. It's possible I dunno about at your weight. I would say if you change the first gear Eat some laxatives and find a shit load of compression somewhere it MAY be possible but it's a long shot.

The biggest difference between the 1st gen 10 and ANY other bike especially Suzuki are the transmissions. Kawi tried to tame the 1st gen by puttin a Rediculasly long first gear in it. That right there kills it. Only hope is to have a really light rider on the stock first gear. If you change the first gear it will pick up quite a bit though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
yea its going to be hard man i plan on loosing few pounds but with the holidays coming up we'll see how that goes :lol: i thought about the 1st gear mod figured that will help or small shot of dope. i figured the way the bike sits now it could possibly dip into the 5's with very talented light rider. i seen this guy over on pb with swb gen1 and he's been well into the 5's think he might be a member on here believe his screen name is cow10r.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts