Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I want to do a 520 conversion w/ a 48 rear sprocket.

I intensely dislike the look of the vortex sprockets. I do enjoy the aesthetics of the sprocketspecialties lines, but on their website they don't seem to list a 48t 520 conversion sprocket, merely the stock 525 replacement pieces.

So, what other good looking brands that are good quality can I look at? Suggestions are welcome.

In addition, what brand of chain and features should I be looking to get. I've heard good things about RK. Anyone disagree?

Cheers

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
So I guess you plan on riding on one wheel most the time. That's one big sprocket. Like ballsup said try AFAM, Renthal or Sunstar.
Never have heard anything bad about D.I.D. chains.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
AFAM were good for me in the past. they look nice as well

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Lyzic said:
Hey all,

I want to do a 520 conversion w/ a 48 rear sprocket.

I intensely dislike the look of the vortex sprockets. I do enjoy the aesthetics of the sprocketspecialties lines, but on their website they don't seem to list a 48t 520 conversion sprocket, merely the stock 525 replacement pieces.

So, what other good looking brands that are good quality can I look at? Suggestions are welcome.

In addition, what brand of chain and features should I be looking to get. I've heard good things about RK. Anyone disagree?

Cheers
I doubt you'll find a 48t from any manufacture, however sprocketspecialties will make custom one off sprockets and perhaps thats your ticket.

As mentioned AFAM & Renthal are both top quality components. DID & EK chains get the :thumbsup:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Lyzic said:
Afams US website doesn't list a single sprocket for the 10r, wtf

http://www.afamusa.com/sprocket-apps/kawasaki-sprocket-apps.html
For someone that isn't aware i can understand your WTF!! other models cross over to the 10r.........and thats fairly standard for other models as well. A call to them will reveal more info.

The 96-99 zx-750r/rr & 91-93 zr750 zephyr CS sprockets fit the 10r afam part# 28401
The 98-02 zx-6r rear sprocket fits the 10r afam part # 17610H

BD

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6r sprockets will fit the 10r cush ?

well damn. and here i thought i was all better than 6s !

thanks for the info, this helps a ton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts