Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t been here in a good minute! I just wanted to share my gen4 just made it to 50k. Same engine,clutch,tranny,sprockets and chain and all original electrical components. 4 track days to boot. We’ll see when I go 100k ??

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Original sprockets and chain? Amazing! Can you attach a pic of the rear sprocket?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good news ,good luck for the next 50K :smile2:

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
50,000 miles; you better have the extended warranty; if not, sign up for AAA towing. No joke; been there twice with the '11 10 and the 13 10r and getting very very very tired of engine blow outs. '11 went at 50k miles and '13 went at 70,500 miles; the '13 has extended; almost six months and still at the dealer's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wait... your chain and sprockets survived that long ? I just hit 36,000 km (22,000 miles) on my 2016 and I had to replace the chain and sprockets, that chain was done.
Eagerly awaiting March so I can start riding again (Winter is harsh in Canada), looking at snow through the window right now.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
50K on my bike but had to rebuild it at 50K due to a rod bearing and worn flat spot on #4 intake cam lobe.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Doesn't sound like the newer gen's last as well as the 1st. Have 155k km on mine & it hasn't let me down

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe all about how you maintain bike from when you first bought it new! Amazing to know these bikes are lasting that long! When my bikes get close 15k miles I get rid of them because I don't wanna deal with valve adjustments or anything like that.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Maybe all about how you maintain bike from when you first bought it new! Amazing to know these bikes are lasting that long! When my bikes get close 15k miles I get rid of them because I don't wanna deal with valve adjustments or anything like that.
Whaaaaaaa? That's just part of the game. Get your maintenance done and rip it!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
Wait... your chain and sprockets survived that long ? I just hit 36,000 km (22,000 miles) on my 2016 and I had to replace the chain and sprockets, that chain was done.
Eagerly awaiting March so I can start riding again (Winter is harsh in Canada), looking at snow through the window right now.
My first thought then second notion was he's on slab only. I get between 15k and 17k on this chain:

super street; oem chain almost as good but about one click down. Ek chain is junk but only stretches and stretches and stretches yet hold up, thankfully. Sprockets depend upon how easy rear spins. If met rr on rear, rear sprocket wears out fast if not oem or vortex.

Experience indeed counts. But experience also tends to avoid 'rider' sites.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whaaaaaaa? That's just part of the game. Get your maintenance done and rip it!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Yeah your right and I would have more money in my pocket because I end up selling the bike and buying a new one. It also has to do with i get bored with the bike and want a new one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah your right and I would have more money in my pocket because I end up selling the bike and buying a new one. It also has to do with i get bored with the bike and want a new one.
Do you buy them new everytime ? You're especially losing money on all that extra "first maintenance" stuff we do in the first thousand miles. Changing oil 18 times a day and everything :laugh2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wish I lived in a place I could get that much riding done in, I'm so damn jealous. I managed to put 43000 miles on an R1 in 5 years but to do that I had to take the damn thing half way across the contentment a few times. Its way worse than riding in florida here since our nearest "okay" roads are 2-3 hours away, nearest "decent" roads are 6 hours away and nearest "good" roads are 14 hours away. Everything near is perfectly flat and straight, like 10-60 mile long straights and the riding season is only 6 months.

-end rant, I hate winter and where i live. Last year I ended up in North Carolina for the first time, going back twice I hope this year (24 hours of driving one way :( )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts