Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 3rd gen, +7 over extensions, lor slip on, bmc filter, -1 +4 gearing. It ran [email protected] leavin at 5k, I only got 3 passes before rain started. I weigh about 160 suited up, I know the bike has more in it. But is it enough to go 5.9's

·
Registered
905 Posts
no power commander? thats probably enough in it self to get you there, even without a custom map. leaving at 5k? try 7k

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Your current setup is plenty to run in the 5s, you've got to get your 60 foots down and the throttle open sooner. I'm 300lbs in gear and run 113mph, which means you're taking a LONG time to get wide open. My buddy who is 220 in gear ran 116.5 on my bike, his first time ever riding it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep my 60' suck only 1.6's, I go wot on the hit. But I'm having trouble slipping the clutch, I come off it to fast and bog almost everytime. I was up around 116 when it was -1 +1, but I only have 3 passes on the -1 +4.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Your current setup is plenty to run in the 5s, you've got to get your 60 foots down and the throttle open sooner. I'm 300lbs in gear and run 113mph, which means you're taking a LONG time to get wide open. My buddy who is 220 in gear ran 116.5 on my bike, his first time ever riding it.
x2, you already have the setup to run in the 5's...theres a few 08+ 10's up here, stock motor and footshifting going in the 5's...some are deep in the 5's with no nitrous....You just gotta get some more seat time...you should be trappin around 120mph+ with your 10 in the 1/8

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yep my 60' suck only 1.6's, I go wot on the hit. But I'm having trouble slipping the clutch, I come off it to fast and bog almost everytime. I was up around 116 when it was -1 +1, but I only have 3 passes on the -1 +4.
I had a big rpoblem boggin when we first went to the track..the TRE fixed that.....it would bog as soon as you left....now the TRE wont fix you not chasing the clutch enough....but it does get rid of that factory timing stuff..

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I had a big rpoblem boggin when we first went to the track..the TRE fixed that.....it would bog as soon as you left....now the TRE wont fix you not chasing the clutch enough....but it does get rid of that factory timing stuff..
Removing the 2ndary butterflies wouldn't have done the same thing? I'm asking since I have a spare zx10r that I'm about to do strictly drag.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kirk where did you get yours x-tre or plain tre, do you have a shift kill?

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
You can 5s the way your bike is sitting right now all you have to do is practice and practice! the more you do the faster you'll get.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx for all the info everyone, and is the sec. throttle plates mod worth anything

·
Registered
683 Posts
X-TRE and set it on the hard setting. You need more seat time and your times will start falling....Let that clutch go and also you need to leave higher in the rpm's. Thats whats causing you to bog off the line, not enough rpms....Try leaving around 7k-7.5k and you should see an immediate difference with your weigh leaving at those rpm's....

·
Registered
374 Posts
On my 05 10R I was leaving at around 8-9K and was getin 1.48 60's and 5.90's at 122mph at almost 200lbs suited

·
Registered
874 Posts
Your 60' is plenty for a 5 but you're not getting wide open fast enough!!!
Maybe try rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert. I found riding on the street that w/o realizing it I wasn't pulling the throttle as much as I thought I was, and adding this really helps getting it open faster and further w/o any extra concentration involved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts