Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, What is going to give me the most HP? I am looking at the yoshi exh. for my 06 14 and For the slip on wich is 4 into 2 its 2 hundred cheaper then the full system wich is 4 into 1. I know a full system is only good for about 2-3 more hp? but how much difrent is the duels going to make over the single?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
in typical fashion a 4-2-1 will boast bottom & mid range perf where as a 4-1 is more about peak HP perf so as always its a trade-off.

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Daddy said:
in typical fashion a 4-2-1 will boast bottom & mid range perf where as a 4-1 is more about peak HP perf so as always its a trade-off.

BD
Its not a a 4 into2 into 1 its just a 4 into 2 retaining duel exh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
id would go 1/2 ass on it.. go 4-1 afterall its a 14, you want the most outta that engine and you want it to breathe..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
I understand your question, but could be kinda of confusing to some. I think you answered it yourself. You will get more HP with 4-2-1. I think the 4-2-1 looks a lot better vs the dual. Do what you can afford. IMO spend the money, it would look very tacy going cheap on a new zx14! If your money is funny, leave it stock!

BD is right.
 

·
Supercharged Mod
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
I have a funny feeling that it is actually not a 4-into-2, but rather a 4-into-2-into-1-into-2. Or maybe a 4-into-2 with a crossover pipe, which effectively makes it a 4-2-1-2.

For performance applications on a 4-cylinder engine, you don't want to do 4-into-2 without at least a crossover.

Maximum peak horsepower will usually be with a pure 4-into-1 (it does not matter much if it subsequently splits into 2 afterward). A better spread of mid-range will usually involve 4-into-2-into-1 (and again it does not matter much if it splits in 2 afterward or not).

If anything, splitting into 2 mufflers will allow a better power-to-noise relationship by allowing more total muffler volume.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
With that brand of system, I doubtyou'll gain too much over the slip ons. Personally I'd either go a good full system or whatever slip ons you want. There are plenty of full systems that will give far better gains that that system. If you want noise? go the slip ons, if you want power, I presume you want h.p? I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
GoFaster said:
I have a funny feeling that it is actually not a 4-into-2, but rather a 4-into-2-into-1-into-2. Or maybe a 4-into-2 with a crossover pipe, which effectively makes it a 4-2-1-2.

For performance applications on a 4-cylinder engine, you don't want to do 4-into-2 without at least a crossover.

Maximum peak horsepower will usually be with a pure 4-into-1 (it does not matter much if it subsequently splits into 2 afterward). A better spread of mid-range will usually involve 4-into-2-into-1 (and again it does not matter much if it splits in 2 afterward or not).

If anything, splitting into 2 mufflers will allow a better power-to-noise relationship by allowing more total muffler volume.
:+1: :iamwithst Go with the 4-2-1, but don't get a yosh. C'mon, you ride a kaw. If you wanted a yosh you should have bought a busa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
The funny thing is that even on Gixxers and Busa's Yosh still don't cut it when it comes to h.p gains. They are a name at best these days (unless you look at the mega $ Jap made Race systems) and granted they are cheap, well, over there at least................ but that's about all they have to offer, for any bike.
 

·
Supercharged Mod
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
A test a while back in one of the Canadian magazines (forgot whether it was Cycle Canada or Inside Motorcycles) found that, with a Suzuki GSXR1000, ALL aftermarket exhaust systems gave within a couple of horsepower of the same power output. All of those were 4-2-1 systems, but for all those tapered header pipes, hydroformed Serpent header pipes (Micron), cross-over tubes (Yosh and one or two others) ... they basically didn't make a darn bit of difference. Some of them were louder than others, and some of them had some mid-range issues, but basically there was no real difference between them. I recall that Akrapovic was among the better ones in not affecting the midrange and not being grossly loud, but a cheap (locally built) Hindle was essentially 90% as good for half the money.

The only thing I can recommend to *not* buy is a D&D. Poor muffling (too loud), they sound raspy and nasty, and the experience that I had on an FZR400 D&D exhaust is that they are not tuned properly to the engine. The home-made, designed by myself, hand-welded 4-into-2-into-1 that I built myself makes the same power, is quieter, and doesn't have a horrible hole in the midrange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
well, I'd be willing to show you that ain't exactly true. For example , on a CBR1000RR a Yosh slip on gives you the same h.p as the full system. But other systems can give you 10-13h.p. Magazines publish different reuslts everywhere depending on who advertises with them, but anyway, I believe what I see with my own eyes.

add to that, the h.p figure is only part of the story,. Real world drive and acceleration is the other and this is also where the better systems win out, so those runs measured in time would tell different stories I'd bet, but anwyay you get my drift
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
1killer1liter said:
:+1: :iamwithst Go with the 4-2-1, but don't get a yosh. C'mon, you ride a kaw. If you wanted a yosh you should have bought a busa.
I'm with you...plus that tank needs all it can...rode my buddies...:dontknow: I wasn't impressed! My mans 06 GSXR-750, blew one away on a 2nd gear roll on...Good luck
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top