Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law told me that his bike was making noise, and that he lost power. I told him to bring it by so I could look at it. It's an 06 10r. So I listen to the bike, and it sounds like a v-twin... The bike is stock except for a 520 conv, and only has 8905 miles. So I pull the tank off check all the plugs, etc.. So I open both set of butterflies and see that the #4 far intake valve is missing the keeper, or some of it... I then look with my scope into the cylinder and couldn't fin anything w/o a tear down. But then by some fate my brother in law kicked his air box, and the keeper come out. WTF. What cause it to jump through two set of butterflies into the airbox, and break in the first damn place. The bike still sounds and runs like sh*t, but I believe he does have the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Don't run the bike any more. Very odd that the keeper would be loose without a bucket being broken, so there's likely bad things happening on the top end. Pull the valve cover if you are curious, or just trailer it to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts