Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a dumbass, got my 3rd ticket last night in a month. first ticket was for 78 in a 45, 2nd was for 109 in a 70, and the one last night was for careless driving. in the remarks section he wrote "went by doing wheelie at approximately 95 mph" he could have taken me to jail, i should have just ran but my gas light was on for quite a while and i don't have mirrors so i didn't notice him till i looked back and he was right on my ass. I'm probably going to lose my license over all of this. 11 points in 3 weeks, i have no self control. I need to sell this bike and get a vespa or something that cannot do 120 mph wheelies all the way down the expressway. everybody i ride with has v-twins, they don't understand. why cant cops just mind their own business? i had to hear a lecture from the police last night for 30 minutes about how dangerous motorcycles are.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like you are asking for it man you need to get the right place right time thing down. Cops can ignore somethings but your not one of them.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Sucks to be you. I am going for the world recoed having been pulled over 56 times since I was 16 (I am 37 now) and only once on a bike (knock on wood). Still have my full license and trying to control my driving but sometimes it is so easy to speed, oh well be careful my friend.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Better lawyer up.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They are going to suspend your license! Those are very serious ticket violations. I hope you have some cash saved.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
im a dumbass, got my 3rd ticket last night in a month. first ticket was for 78 in a 45, 2nd was for 109 in a 70, and the one last night was for careless driving. in the remarks section he wrote "went by doing wheelie at approximately 95 mph" he could have taken me to jail, i should have just ran but my gas light was on for quite a while and i don't have mirrors so i didn't notice him till i looked back and he was right on my ass. I'm probably going to lose my license over all of this. 11 points in 3 weeks, i have no self control. I need to sell this bike and get a vespa or something that cannot do 120 mph wheelies all the way down the expressway. everybody i ride with has v-twins, they don't understand. why cant cops just mind their own business? i had to hear a lecture from the police last night for 30 minutes about how dangerous motorcycles are.

holy shit i know that feeling but i got you beat with 5 in the month of sept!!!:headshake kinda shitty

rep for you!! bc i know how it feels

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont know if any other state has them but michigan has driver responsibility fees, its outrageous.
7 Points $100
8 Points $150
9 Points $200
10 Points $250
11 Points $300
12 Points $350
13 Points $400
14 Points $450
15 Points $500
Category 1 offenses, such as speeding, improper turns, and following too closely, are assessed a fee based on the number of points on the driving record, with a required minimum of seven points. The fees assessed begin at $100 and increase by $50 for each additional point above seven points
#

Reckless Driving = $500
#

No Proof of Insurance = $200
#

Drove While License Expired = $150
and they send you these fees every 6 months for 2 years, add that on top of your original tickets, plus insurance going up.
"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." <---- Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution. It states that one person shall never be fined more than one time for one offence. how is Jennifer Granholm, Michigans Govenor getting away with this?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Sucks to be you. I am going for the world recoed having been pulled over 56 times since I was 16 (I am 37 now) and only once on a bike (knock on wood). Still have my full license and trying to control my driving but sometimes it is so easy to speed, oh well be careful my friend.
:zx_blk: .... :helmet::lol:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
It's a rite of passage... If you ride anywhere near close to what the 10 can do you may get snaged at some point... I chill now and people say I have gotten soft. Not gonna post all the stuff I have seen and been a part of over the years. Now I chill and pick my moments...

Hang in there bro and ride the storm out...(This too will pass)

When I was in my 20's my VW Corrado VR6 was parked for 6 months because I got so many tickets Insurance was off the hook. Back then it was a sort of big deal if a stock car could run 140MPH..

Good luck bro

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
dude, your screwed

·
Registered
356 Posts
Haha I like how this is in the "Racing" section. Good luck dude!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hire a GOOD lawyer that will actually go to court for you. I got a ticket over a year ago for doing 100 and hired a lawyer that didn't do shiat. Got a letter in the mail saying a warrant has been issued and my license revoked. Hired another lawyer that says thats in the past and we have to work with what I got now...FTA and speeding 30 over. That was last sept. and its still not resolved and has turned my life upside down. I've gotten other tickets since then including driving on suspended which is supposedly 10 days jail time no questions asked. For that ONE ticket though they want me to do 1 day in jail and I absolutely refuse so with another appeal here I sit...no DL and furious about what the hell is happening to our judicial system. I've been pulled over 2 time in the last couple weeks in my truck for no lights on my tags...WTF...yeah its a law but I've never had lights on them and had no trouble til lately. Got another for my windows being to dark. All this BS has happened since my license was pulled, of course....done
PEACE

·
Registered
411 Posts
:headshake gotta learn the hard way don'cha?!

I was in the same pickle a few years back... racked up about $1000 in tickets (AUD)

never ended up losing my licence but... can't deny i was a moron, and just lucked out due to slow paperwork and REALLY understanding courts.

So it's been about 3 years now I think (closer to 4) and I've had 1 ticket since, doing 90k's in a 60 zone. 2 points $200. I'm rather impressed with myself.

wot your doing IS dangerous and wreckless... but I can't point any fingers, try and realise that you STILL could be making this worse for yourself if you don't settle down now. (the point I kept missing, time after time)

Take it to the track mate.:thumbsup:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
like another member stated,........pick better times and better roads!....hate to say it,....but yeah,.......you better get a lawyer man!.they are gonna try and fry your ass with those kinda speeds,...........then a reckless on top of all that?.......good luck bro!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like a lack of track days. U will ride much slower Monday morning going to work when you were dragging knees and slamming thru the gears the day before.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts