Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll write this in point form. hahaha.

- I landed a sponsorship from Armour Bodies
- 1st Gen bodywork has been discontinued, can't get it.
- 2nd Gen bodywork will fit on my bike with a new air duct and fairing stay, that much i know.
- I like the look of the 3rd gen bodywork better, and if i get some now i can keep it after i upgrade to a 3rd gen 10R.

Has anyone tried fitting 3rd gen track bodywork on 1st gen?? I know the air duct is a very different shape so i figure i'd need that and a fairing stay at least. I'm only concerned with the upper and lower, i do have a nice tail at the moment.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You can make anything fit with the right amount of modification. You air duct probably would need to change as well as your rear subframe. Its a racebike so you really don't need to worry about lighting so it would make it much easier to mount.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
any updates in the 3rd gen front end fitment ????

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No updates yet, i bought a 3rd gen air duct and fairing stay off a feller on Kawiforums. The 3rd gen bodywork is on its way to me from Armour Bodies.

I've been comparing the pics between the 1st and 3rd gen, i think the only really tricky part is going to be getting the air duct positioned properly.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nice man... on my 2nd gen conversion all I had to do was mountt he ram air duct and upper, I had to space the ride panel mounting positions out about an inch and down and back about an inch... also had to mod the body for the exhaust of course.

pretty much it, let us know how it goes!!! I wish I could fit a 08 subframe on a 04-05..... p.s. it wont work :-( unless you weld new mounts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have my Optimal tail on the bike now, i think it looks really nice so i'm not too worried about swapping it out now.

Here's how the bike looks at this moment.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
is the ram air duct fit in the 04-05 frame ?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If the bodywork doesn't work for you I will take it off your hands ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stuff is thin, really flexible, really light, looks to be top notch stuff.

Here's some pics of the test fit.

I think the air duct will be a bit of work, but if and once i get that figured out i think it will be a fairly easy fit up. There's some interference on the frame, with the champs sliders and with the rad but some light trimming will fix that easily enough. I may have to ditch the Champs sliders.

The belly pan mounts to the frame line up really well. The upper and belly wrap around the case covers really well and the belly pan will accommodate the 1st gen Akra exhaust fine. I don't think i'll have to trim it at all.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm jealous! Hmm, this might be a next winter project.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, did some more work today. Almost done.

The 2008 and 2004 duct halves are epoxied together right now, i'll do some fiberglass reinforcing tomorrow then the duct should be done. The lower lines up with the engine cases and case covers really well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts