Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that where the tail light meets the faring that they don't really line up correctly? Mine has a space and it lets in water. Has this been addressed by any of the aftermarket undertails out there?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I looked at mine and it does not seem to do that, have you made sure that the light is seated all the way

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's seated. I went into one of the dealerships around here and they're all the same way.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i bought the hotbodies undertail for this reason i got the smoke one but it took like 6 hours of sanding and lining it up to make it look great but i got it on ebay for like 18 bucks theres still some on there right now and it holds the tailight in for you just a lot of time with some sandpaper on the edges

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
i have a 09, no issue and I'm looking right now haha, late night at work and doubled check haha

ps hotbodies is junk, had one on my bike, didnt line up and tried to send it back...Nope, hotbodies never did get back to my 10+ messages. On top of that, a buddy ordered a undertail this last week, well this past sunday he came to my house with it...what was it? hotbodies LOL...Guess what his didnt fit either :headshake...I have heard of 6 stories just from guys I ride with all that have had problems with hotbodies. Never again will they take my money

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take a picture to upload today.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Yea mine didn't fit on my hotbodies, but I can deal with it. Did a little fab work and it's pretty damn close.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
mine didnt line up either so i got a hotbodies too then did like 5 hours of sanding and body work to get the hotbodies crap to fit ( i hate hotbodies ) but it looks better

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Take a look.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It looks like the light is pushed too far out?!?! Mine sits back flush with the top of the tail, are you missing any spacers where the tail light bolts up?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no idea... guess I'll have to take a look.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I threw in some spacers and that did help... then I realized the light itself was just sitting too far away from the metal frame, so I took some zipties, drilled two little holes in the supports for my light, and then ziptied it to the metal frame bringing it flush. Looks 100% better now.

Just got the block off plates installed and it sounds a world of difference better. Don't know how I waited so long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts