Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have had the 3rd gen swingarm on my 1st gen ZX10R for the last 2 weeks and have not really had a chance to get on her much, until yesterday and this morning.
Here is what i am finding out about the swap..

1st: This is not a just swap it over mod and the handling will be the same or better.
I swapped in the 2005 zx6r linkage and dogbones, as per others are running, rspec used this with good results on the street.

2nd: The shock length has to be played with to get the bike sitting as it was before the swap. I shortened the length on the ohlins, but found that the bike is not liking the shorter length about 10mm overall.
Will pull the shock spacer and then readjust..as more shock length helps with anti squatting (according to ohlins)

3rd: The bike defineately has more feel coming from the back end, especially when hard on the throttle coming out of corners or even upright...Feedback is good

4th: Not 100% sure on this one, as i need some more testing but it seems the swingarm DOES NOT put the power down like the original swingarm.
Bike has been more willing to spin up the back tire when upright and in the turns,,,these would be the same roads that the original did not have issues with...thinking the linkage ratio might be to much
Will do some more testing today and ordering a new back tire as the one on ther is at about 30% treadlife left..

Overall the look is there, the feel i defineatley like, just a matter of getting the tire to stick like it did with the original swingarm...if anyone has some suggestions i am down for hearing them.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
the look is there, definately. when i had my swingarm on it raised the rear too much, loading the front, thats probably contributing to the lil bit of extra wheelspin youre getting. although i used the stock 05 linkage. i ended up putting the stocker back on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts