Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that most of the 3rd gen PCv maps available for download that at full throttle just before the rev limit they drop from being richer than stock to leaner than stock.

Iike on the last 750 to 500 RPM they just lean them out

I just picked up a 08 with a custom tune and it too has this trend. Did kawi make the stock map for the 3rd gens rich on the very top or what?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I noticed that most of the 3rd gen PCv maps available for download that at full throttle just before the rev limit they drop from being richer than stock to leaner than stock.

Iike on the last 750 to 500 RPM they just lean them out

I just picked up a 08 with a custom tune and it too has this trend. Did kawi make the stock map for the 3rd gens rich on the very top or what?
Hmmm??? I was told the opposite and given the way my bike runs lean with just a slip -on I would think stock mapping is on the lean side of things. Hopefully getting mine tuned next week so I'll find out. Not 100% sure:dontknow:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you check the maps offered on powercommanders site you will see they mostly go leaner at the very top.

Thats were im confused too, as usually anytime flow is improved on a bike it usually requires richer curves. And most most of the RPM range the maps offered are richer, except for the very last 750 to 500 RPM's were it goes leaner.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The custom map done on my 09 with PCV,yoshi R55 slip on, Akra link pipe & K&N a/f shows fuel added from 60-100% throttle in that rpm range you mention..
In the 20-40% throttle range its been leaned over stock:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts