Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/vpy9gIRNjUs

Working on the 3rd gen cluster that will be going on my 1st gen, put some rgb leds, have to turn brightness way down:crackup:, little bit too bright :nerd:

Going to try few more things, thinking about the light changing colors depending on the rpm, like 0-6k rpm it will be blue, 6-12.5k rpm green, and 12.5+ red or flashing red.

Option2 is have leds light up in any color under the rpm arm, like with the engine at 4k rpm it would light up leds that are under 4k mark on the cluster, at 8k rpm all the leds from 0-8k rpm would be lit up, etc.

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
I love the idea of the color changes based on RPM. Green -> Yellow -> RED based on how close you are to redline would be fantastic! Keep us posted on the mod.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love the idea of the color changes based on RPM. Green -> Yellow -> RED based on how close you are to redline would be fantastic! Keep us posted on the mod.
:+1:

It looks like the colors are kinda bleeding into each other with more then one color displaying at a time in the cluster.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Do you mean the whole cluster changing colors with the rpms?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after reading your original post. That would be a really good way to see where you're at on the tach without having to look at the needle. Just a thought though.

The whole cluster stays green from 0->9000rpm. Then the whole thing changes to yellow from 9000->12000rpm, and then it changes to red at 12,000. Just throwing out arbitrary numbers to illustrate the point. That would be pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after reading your original post. That would be a really good way to see where you're at on the tach without having to look at the needle. Just a thought though.

The whole cluster stays green from 0->9000rpm. Then the whole thing changes to yellow from 9000->12000rpm, and then it changes to red at 12,000. Just throwing out arbitrary numbers to illustrate the point. That would be pretty cool IMO.
That sounds pretty good. What about brightness? what kind a adjustments on that. I can increase brightness with the rpms too.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
That sounds pretty good. What about brightness? what kind a adjustments on that. I can increase brightness with the rpms too.

Lol. It's your project buddy. Do your thing on it! If it were mine, is set the brightness adjustability based on the conditions (day/night) and leave it alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts