Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but couldn't find my answer.
Just picked up a set of 3rd gen calipers($75) to swap onto my 1st gen. IIRC the 3rd gen rotors are larger, which would require the use of spacers? I've got an '07 M/C and was looking to go w/ stainless lines, but don't know if there will be any issues w/ compatibility.

Thanks for any input provided!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Need larger rotors. I have a set of 3rd gen on my shelf also. Tried to fit them but the 2nd gen rotors were too small. I have larger rotors on my 14 that I've been meaning to test fit but just haven't gotten around to it. In any case, 14 or 6 calipers are cheeper to source than rotors so I just haven't been concerned enough to move forward. but if you are wanting to go oversized anyway, you are part way there.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammit, so my next question would be- Are 3rd gen rotors a direct bolt on?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I typed while having a brain fart...sorry..

If you had the rotors as well....then you might need the spacers, but you might be able to get away with bolting them on.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dammit! I got the 3rd gen calipers and rotors, but the 3rd gen rotors are too small. The brake pad extends past the rotor by about 1/8".

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thinking about machining down the calipers slightly.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there anybody out there?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
hey man, just go and pick up some 310mm zx14 rotors, or just go and get some nissins...they bolt up just fine.

going to go with 310mm rotors from one of these bikes on my track wheels.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The '08 zx10r rotors are 310mm, I'm keeping my eye out for a set of Nissins.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can mill the calipers down for you
I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna sell the calipers and get a set of nissins instead. I prefer the way the nissin calipers look and they appear to be of better quality then the tokico.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts