Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the bike in for an oil change...Full synthetic of course and while the tech was rolling it into the shop, noticed a nail in the rear tire...S.O.B well lucky for me I guess they had a new PP2CT 190 50 to replace it with...Oh well you have to pay to play...I decide to replace instead of plug/patch sice it has 4k miles on it...All in all a great job from the shop, On Any Moto here in Tucson...

·
Registered
772 Posts
.I decide to replace instead of plug/patch sice it has 4k miles on it...
if i could get 4000 miles out of any rear i would be stoked!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Don't feel bad, I just picked up a set of 2cts for 374 mounted.....................
Last minute trackday put a hurtin on my wallet.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear has a killer deal on tires right now for anyone looking.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
if i could get 4000 miles out of any rear i would be stoked!
I would like to see your tyres after 2000 miles Im sure there fine unless your doing trackdays ?? or the only worn part is the center of the tyre ??? anyways i know they have different types of roads down south alot better than up north here, but i think unless your out trying to spin the tyre up and whatnot it should last ya atleast 4000 miles, i know my 2CT's have atleast 3500 miles on them and they are wearing fine and have plenty of life left in them and i didn't even ride that much this year... I just love how people say they burn tyres up in 2000 miles.......:badteeth:

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would like to see your tyres after 2000 miles Im sure there fine unless your doing trackdays ?? or the only worn part is the center of the tyre ??? anyways i know they have different types of roads down south alot better than up north here, but i think unless your out trying to spin the tyre up and whatnot it should last ya atleast 4000 miles, i know my 2CT's have atleast 3500 miles on them and they are wearing fine and have plenty of life left in them and i didn't even ride that much this year... I just love how people say they burn tyres up in 2000 miles.......:badteeth:
nope, i change to take offs for track days. i get two rears for every front on street tires. that usually works out to be between 2500 and 3000 miles on a rear.

i spent two weeks up around the dragon in june, and i used a brand new rear up in less than 2300 miles. Thats with PP 2cts, and it had plenty of center left for a nasty burnout at wheelers. no need to get in a pissing contest over tire wear, but i will document mileage and tire wear with pictures and timestamping from now on.:thumbsup:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
:+1: My tires always last long too!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sportbike Track Gear has a killer deal on tires right now for anyone looking.
Yeah I know, but this was unplanned and needed it right now. I was actually planning on taking STG up on their deal.

OK so 4k miles on the tire probably was another 2k left in it...Roughly 1500 miles of twisties and 2500 of commuting on interstates.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't think I could afford to ride if I only got 4k miles out of my tires. Then again, I don't do track days. I know some cats around here that drag and might go through a couple of Shinko's a night. Yikes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.