Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tough times in Pakistan with the earthquake. without be-littling what happening in Missosippi,I kinda doubt we will see 24/7 tv coverage of this. And with mudslides in south america, mother earth seems a little pissed off - must be Bushs' fault for not signing the Kyoto accord :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh come on... you've got to be kidding, Bush's fault? Guess I'm a little tired of the pseudo environmentalists and the eco-politicos pointing to every geologic plate move or adverse weather event and saying it is Bush's fault, or the US's fault somehow. Absurd.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I agree that she must be a little upset but I think she'll get over it soon. It is too bad about those people who have died though. I don't put all the blame on bush but at some point we all are going to have to take a long hard look at what's going on with our enviroment. I am glad to see hybrid vehicles being more and more popular. Hopefully there will be hybrid sports cars and bikes soon. But anyway, I am done ranting.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
TN10 said:
Oh come on... you've got to be kidding, Bush's fault? Guess I'm a little tired of the pseudo environmentalists and the eco-politicos pointing to every geologic plate move or adverse weather event and saying it is Bush's fault, or the US's fault somehow. Absurd.
Pakistan is in the midsts of a horror!!!...
i think he was kidding about Bush's fault, i dont blame him...

BUT...
we need to look at the Bush administration stance on this subject...

are you in agreement with the administration that global warming is "funny science?
remember, that statement is 5 years old... plenty of time to affect change...

the only thing that moves development forward on alternative energy is when gas prices rise and the current administration's goal has been to simply align the u.s. with the cheapest and most plentiful oil...rather than following a far sighted concept of using science to allow better/alternate fuels and fuel usage...and yes, i understand that we dont operate in a vaccuum, and making change doesnt happen overnight...i think Bush said that we were beyond the kyoto treaty and that it had little relevance when we pulled out...made little sense at the time, still doesnt...

i will no longer be quiet for fear that i am considered unpatriotic...if i am mistaken, i am open to being educated and continue in a productive discourse on the subject...thanks in advance...

BTW i would love nothing more to scream around on a hybrid/electric bike...the technology is there...but not the motivation...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
vegemite said:
tough times in Pakistan with the earthquake. without be-littling what happening in Missosippi,I kinda doubt we will see 24/7 tv coverage of this. And with mudslides in south america, mother earth seems a little pissed off - must be Bushs' fault for not signing the Kyoto accord :eyecrazy:
Mississippi :eek:t:

·
Registered
583 Posts
vegemite said:
:fu2: Just curious~vegemite~do you care what happed there? Tell us what you think "we" should do's :crackup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
:headshake Sorry, there's this Aussie thing we have called SARCASM. You guys don't seem to understand it very well. I picked up on this SARCASM about Bush in Vegemite's post.

I'm sure Vegemite is very concerned about the people of Pakistan, as we have all been, through the Tsunami, Katrina and now Pakistan. It's certainly been a shit year for natural disasters.

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Down Under said:
:headshake Sorry, there's this Aussie thing we have called SARCASM. You guys don't seem to understand it very well. I picked up on this SARCASM about Bush in Vegemite's post.

I'm sure Vegemite is very concerned about the people of Pakistan, as we have all been, through the Tsunami, Katrina and now Pakistan. It's certainly been a shit year for natural disasters.
:heyyou: what's this about sarcasm being an aussie thing???surely ya know it comes from England :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts