Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help... is it possible to hold 300HP without a lockup? I already have a welded hub, big rivets and 100# springs w/APE clutch. I assume I would need a billet pull rod and at least stronger springs. Any help appreciated. Gen 2 ZX10.

·
Registered
236 Posts
real street rules allow no sliders/no lockups, they run more power than ur talking about. billet baskets, billet inner hub, any clutch plate, spring setup allowed. must be true handclutch setup. ask spaz his gen 2 setup, he's 300+ on turbo. dont know of any billet pull rods avaliable, better keep a spare with u.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm unaware of the # springs to know if they're better than what ya got now but I knew of people using the ZX-14/R valve springs as their clutch springs at the drags to prevent slippage. May be worth investigating anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
real street rules allow no sliders/no lockups, they run more power than ur talking about. billet baskets, billet inner hub, any clutch plate, spring setup allowed. must be true handclutch setup. ask spaz his gen 2 setup, he's 300+ on turbo. dont know of any billet pull rods avaliable, better keep a spare with u.
Rules in street racing??? WOW.. All I ever hear is "it's stock"..... Running hidden nitrous, big clutch covers, ETC...

I have been hand clutching drag and it's hard on the steels. Mostly blue spots on outter steels. I have modified the inner basket for more oil and shaved the pull shaft. Better for sure, but need something better.

Eventually, I will hit 400HP. I don't think a stock clutch can do it in any situation? Or...

·
Registered
236 Posts
real street is a sanctioned drag racing class, 7.70's at 190 mph. full street trim bikes, limited wheelbase.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well, I do a much different type of racing... so my set-up will likely not help you... but I actually run a stock clutch with just a healthy amount of spring. It holds the power up top, but I'm not trying to drive through it on a launch or anything like that. I'm a little nervous for the basket at over 300hp, but I don't shock load it like you full time drag racers do. :)

I believe Hayes makes a conversion for the 10R to move to a hydraulic push style set-up (through the countershaft on the left side)... but there is some money there. A flow control valve or orifice restrictor on a hydraulic clutch would be neat.... if your rules allow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...aaaaand now I'm jealous.
I have been looking for one for some time now. I lucked out and found a minty fresh one. All I can say is... WOW...

Throw the lever and it makes the bottom end feel like it gained 20HP. Shows you how much I can't 60ft. The lever feels like the cable is broke. Soft as butter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts