Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a week thrash to get my bike back going. I'm gonna try spraying a lil 30 shot (.028), but wont have time to get it tuned if I get the motor going in time. My setup is 08 head -.015, carp springs, 08 race intake, 04 intake (ex cam), .055 HG, 04 stock header. To be safe cr10eix and c16 or 110, gonna tune for mrxo1 later but playing it safe for now. Schnitz window switch and 2 dial for the electronics, and 67to 68inches, busa shock, 15/41 or 42. I was thinking of adding 8% more fuel, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks :eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
15-20% more fuel on a 30 dry shot is what my secondary nitrous map had added.
With the colder plugs and say Q16maybe 10% additional fuel in your spray range should be safe, maybe. Only one way to find out. Like mentioned, definately pull the plugs after first spray pass and see what they look like. Make sure no detonation or you will melt the piston fast. Should just spray a longer gear like 4th at first til you know whats going on.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
On my 06 a .032 jet needed about +10 to +12 in the 100% column of the pc3 to lower the AFR about a half point. I had a 13.0 flat base map done, then added that +12 from a little before my spray point up... spraying on the .032 jet it was a flat 13.0.

I think I was running a 50/50 mix of 91/100VP just to keep a safety margin.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U should run 15/43 at least....maybe even 44
I was just using what I had laying around, plus I haven't rode in 5 mos now and haven't sprayed in 2 years. Kinda taking it easy until i get back in the swing of things.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
whats up with that spacer on the outside of your arm:dontknow:, what are you running 1\8

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
whats up with that spacer on the outside of your arm:dontknow:, what are you running 18
That was the axle and chain adjuster from my trac arm, I was in a rush to see what it look like with the arm on. I using the factory axle now. I'm expecting 5.50's once its dialed in but hasn't been ran with the long arm on it.

Project update this the second week in a row we've been rained out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm working out some bugs, I cant get the bike to hook in 1st gear. I've played with the tire pressure, shock, and launch rpm but I positive its the lock up. I got to wait until next week to play with the clutch, I still haven't sprayed it yet trying to go a 5.8 or 5.9 on motor
60' 1.56
330' 4.04
1/8mi 6.03
1/8mph 121

http://youtu.be/ZYPNARvxiuw

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I'm working out some bugs, I cant get the bike to hook in 1st gear. I've played with the tire pressure, shock, and launch rpm but I positive its the lock up. I got to wait until next week to play with the clutch, I still haven't sprayed it yet trying to go a 5.8 or 5.9 on motor
60' 1.56
330' 4.04
1/8mi 6.03
1/8mph 121

http://youtu.be/ZYPNARvxiuw
Looks like you need to soften up the rear shock

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
hey i noticed your bike didnt squat at all off line... i believe thats why its spinin in 1st gota get dat b*tch to squat off the line with your wb so she hook up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ive got mine in the shop now getting the spray put on, but its gonna be a few weeks til i can get it tuned and im not even gonna bother spraying til then. im also looking to hit my goal of 5.99 or better before i spray.

my rider got a similar slip to yours last sunday. slightly better 60' but around the same et
1.433 [email protected] on 93 pump

·
Registered
871 Posts
hey i noticed your bike didnt squat at all off line... i believe thats why its spinin in 1st gota get dat b*tch to squat off the line with your wb so she hook up.

This...I'm at 66" w my 08 still running stock suspension and a power one and it hooks up great. Ran a 5.85 last weekend in the heat and she still has a lot left.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts