Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up for any of you tx hill country folks, me and a group will be there next weekend to hit the 3 twisted sisters. I been 3x before. Badass trip. Any of u guys gonna be out there? Any route suggestions? Roads to avoid cuz construction? I've ridden down a road full of rocks once and it fuggin sucked.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
the rocks have been bad when passing on the double yellow but i have not been out there in while. i might be interested, let me know the details. Be careful on 337 for 'dirty sanchez' the local state pooper that like to give as many citations as there are bikes.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
omofo, we will be staying in kerrville. Gonna take 16 to get to the loop. Our route will be determined wed. Night. Pretty sure were skipping 336, it's not all that.Were riding Saturday and Sunday
Just get out there early while he's still sleeping...worked for us... :cool:
Haha! Nice.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
omofo, we'll have a gameplan by wed night. I'll let you know the plan.
We'd love to have you join us. You probably even met a few of my friends @ Cresson yesterday too!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
So a group of guys(from our local riding group ASR) are headed out Sat. morning.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So a group of guys(from our local riding group ASR) are headed out Sat. morning.
Nice, you goin with them?
Were probably gonna have about 3 groups, maybe 2.
Were leaving from Kerrville and gonna meet up with the others @ the O.S.T
Maybe we'll see your boys there?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Well I was assuming one of my buddies would have reserved a trailer spot for me, but I've just been informed there is no space left. :-(

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was assuming one of my buddies would have reserved a trailer spot for me, but I've just been informed there is no space left. :-(
They don't sound like buddies to me. . . :badteeth:
Oh well man. At least you got Lime Creek.
We gotta do some traveling before we get to any sick roads.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
So how were they?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fkn badass! I got popped coming out of a long sweeper on 39 by Bandera County Constable! :headshake 115/70.

My gopro corrupted all the of good footage that I took, the only videos that work aren't all that great.

Don't think we saw your boys out there. We did see a group from Abilene though.
They had a green ZX-10R in the group, that's the only bike I remember :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
that sucks about the ticket, but at least you had fun! How were the fall colors, or were you going too fast to notice?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that sucks about the ticket, but at least you had fun! How were the fall colors, or were you going too fast to notice?
What colors? :mrgreen:
I'll post pics in a bit.

·
Registered
241 Posts
im supposed to be purchasing an 08 zx-10 blueeeee on weedsday if i can get all the parts and the bike count me in that would be a great test ride ;-)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Fkn badass! I got popped coming out of a long sweeper on 39 by Bandera County Constable! :headshake 115/70.

My gopro corrupted all the of good footage that I took, the only videos that work aren't all that great.

Don't think we saw your boys out there. We did see a group from Abilene though.
They had a green ZX-10R in the group, that's the only bike I remember :mrgreen:
What did I tell you..."Just get out there early while he's still sleeping...worked for us... "

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What did I tell you..."Just get out there early while he's still sleeping...worked for us... "
Dude, We rode Sun-up sun-down. We keeps it real. We had no probs on any other roads. Ol Boy was sitting on the side of the road under a damn tree. I came out of the turn and seen a dark colored truck off the road < 1/4 mile ahead so I slowed down, obviously it didn't matter cause he still popped me.
Chickenshit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
We had a group of 5 make the trip from Midland TX this summer. It was the best trip I have made so far. I did not have my 10R then. There is nothing that can compare to the Super moto in the twisties.

I was hoping to make it down there again towards the end of November. Does not look like my work Schedule will allow it though.

South out of Kerrville towards Medina on 16 there is a nasty little uphill/downhill switchback. God I love that section.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We had a group of 5 make the trip from Midland TX this summer. It was the best trip I have made so far. I did not have my 10R then. There is nothing that can compare to the Super moto in the twisties.

I was hoping to make it down there again towards the end of November. Does not look like my work Schedule will allow it though.

South out of Kerrville towards Medina on 16 there is a nasty little uphill/downhill switchback. God I love that section.
Oh man, a sumo would be a blast out there!
I'd probably try to jump the hills on 335 :crackup:
YES! That corkscrew on 16 is gnarly!:badteeth:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts