Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 42t rear sprocket, I was wondering if it would work with a 17t front on my 1st gen or would I need a longer chain?

1st Gen:
17t/42t and stock chain...will it work? yes or no?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I have a 42t rear sprocket, I was wondering if it would work with a 17t front on my 1st gen or would I need a longer chain?

1st Gen:
It will be close.
Mine was -1 +3 and it just fit. Shortened the wheelbase quite a bit though which made the front quite lofty. If you try it back the tensioners completely off.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, that it might not fit, it's a brand new sprocket, and I lost my 40t sprocket...urghhhh

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
It will be close.
Mine was -1 +3 and it just fit. Shortened the wheelbase quite a bit though which made the front quite lofty. If you try it back the tensioners completely off.
:+1:....it'll be VERY close, i've heard of and had some guys barely get a +3 on with even a 16 tooth front and others have slapped right on with the stock front 17? i think it will all depend on how much slack you have in your current chain. best of luck though....and if it does fit, have a WHEELIE nice day!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

1st Gen:
Can't say for sure on a 1st Gen. Most bike are a stretch fitting a +3 even with -1 on the front. If its too tight, do not run it!

I have a 41t off of my 3rd Gen that should fit. I can get bolt pattern measurements monday. It's a 525. If you need it, I would send it to you really cheap. I don't need it. Has maybe 2500 - 3000 miles on it. $15 paypal as a gift and its yours.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't say for sure on a 1st Gen. Most bike are a stretch fitting a +3 even with -1 on the front. If its too tight, do not run it!

I have a 41t off of my 3rd Gen that should fit. I can get bolt pattern measurements monday. It's a 525. If you need it, I would send it to you really cheap. I don't need it. Has maybe 2500 - 3000 miles on it. $15 paypal as a gift and its yours.
pm sent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts