Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup: Well Guys I never thought that I was going to do this track day today and boy was it fun. My first time at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway (classic course). I was able to meet and pit with Archille and other local riders. All I can say is this forum has some great people KaTooM, Archille, Fenris, Twiaz and yes OmegaX. I am glad to have met you guys and look forward to do some more trackdays with you all. I hope that soon I will be at Fontana or even better I am looking forward to doing Miller Motorsports park.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
219 Posts
...Into 145mph T5 right sweeper not 100% committed as you can see, I am not off the seat and my head is lock into the center of the bike resisting the turn in to the apex...Uhhhh!!! :spit:

On this particular day, I found myself running wide on the gas all day. It had me dumbfounded until a friend pointed out that I should look into my rear sag. Suspecting the spring has settled since I bought the bike 2 years ago. Coming out of the slow corners (T1, T4, T6) on the gas, my rear would squat excessively causing the front to refuse to hold the line. The result was me launching loose rocks and pebbles at the rider who I just passed into T9 (Having other rider shaking a fist at you was nice! I did came over to his pit afterward to apologize so all is right in the world :beer: ) I found that the bike had a hard time picking up its front wheel under full throttle. Having the front wheel just skimming the ground down the back straight gave me a bad case of headshake. The resulting backing off the throttle to settle the frontend allowed the videographer's ZX-6R, Dan Shaffner (a fellow member of this forum) to gain on me as we sped down the straight. :headshake My normal flow/rhythm was all out of whack with me rushing the corner with weird lines. I tried so hard to make up time every where, in the end, I got nothing out of the effort except a bad case of mental exhaustion. Wooohooo!!! :rolleyes:

I was struggling to get into the 1:24s which is really unusual as I run that time comfortably with my 999R HWTs bike. Sign!!! Maybe it's time to step up to the Ohlins shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
oh well man.... looking good...
at least you know what and where to improve....
at heck at least your riding
i got surgery in a week and racing starts in may....
heres to 4.5 weeks of fast healing time!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Chas34 said:
what's that black chit all over your bike!!! LOL!

Stock shock is probably not built to go fast!
:lol: ...that would be the high dollar/high temp matt paint from the can!

At 165lbs in full gear, I can get away with suspension setup being close but I have to agree with your stock shock comment. I might pushed the OEM shock over the edge with a full season of racing last year. :headshake Oh well, it's time to breakout the credit card. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice pics!!............ How do you like that ARROW can.. been thinking about buying that one.... Is it loud? I'm looking for something, louder than stock but not loud like a devil pipe or something ( those things are to loud ).........

good to see all had fun and eveyone came home in one piece........

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I will join in on the pics too as my father took pics and some good ones too what do you think? They don't call me knee for nothing:crackup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I did it right I showed up at 10:30 payed for a half day wasn't suppose to be on the track till 1pm and I did my first session at 11am:crackup: and only payed $85.:eek:ccasion1 Now that is what I am talking about.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:bump:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Archille said:
Race City, eh! Best wishes with your surgery!

McBain was riding with us on Sunday. That Gixxer superbike of his hauled ass!
thanks man.. less than a week now... gettin nerveous... get to have a chunk of my hip in my shoulder with some steel... always a good time... woot woot

I dont know if you know Archille but McBains bike and gear was stolen there eh.. i posted some info about it... anyone see his parts or anything please inform him...
hes a wicked awesome guy and we racers have to stick together!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts