Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys/gals I haven't been riding for over 3 years now because of work and family situations. I just in the last 2 weeks bought a new battery and a new rear tire to start riding some again.. But needless to say in not riding in over 3 years I've gained a good amount of weight and need some help adjusting the stock suspension on my 07 ZX10r.

I think that also while I was overseas my brother might have played with the suspension some as well because it feels very soft.. I want to get it setup as best as possible until I can convenience the wife to let me throw some money into the bike this winter and buy an aftermarket rear spring for it.

I don't ride the same way I used to either, I'm much more conservative now with a wife and family. I do a lot of local suburban riding to and from work.

Currently I weigh 315 and 6" 2" tall. I want to get it setup good enough to ride for the next month or two and then I will see about changing out some parts and getting it setup better. My goal is also get down to 260-270 range by next summer, would an aftermarket rear spring still be needed at that weight?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Check out the recommended spring rates on racetech.com. If the rates are way off the stock ones, you may need to have them replaced.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Alright guys/gals I haven't been riding for over 3 years now because of work and family situations. I just in the last 2 weeks bought a new battery and a new rear tire to start riding some again.. But needless to say in not riding in over 3 years I've gained a good amount of weight and need some help adjusting the stock suspension on my 07 ZX10r.

I think that also while I was overseas my brother might have played with the suspension some as well because it feels very soft.. I want to get it setup as best as possible until I can convenience the wife to let me throw some money into the bike this winter and buy an aftermarket rear spring for it.

I don't ride the same way I used to either, I'm much more conservative now with a wife and family. I do a lot of local suburban riding to and from work.

Currently I weigh 315 and 6" 2" tall. I want to get it setup good enough to ride for the next month or two and then I will see about changing out some parts and getting it setup better. My goal is also get down to 260-270 range by next summer, would an aftermarket rear spring still be needed at that weight?

Thanks for all the help!
At 315 your gonna need new springs for sure the oem one's are to soft for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts