Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my 07 zx10r home the other day from work and I did I good ole rip of the throttle and probly hit about 150, I looked down and I saw my f1 light flashing so I slowed down and listen for wierd noises and I looked behind me to check for smoke lol but nothing the bike was running the same with 0 noticable difference. I rode straight home about half a mile and shut the bike off. I immediately tried to restart it and the fuel pump wont prime the bike just cranks. Since this has happened I've tested the pump with a power probe and a multimeter and it works fine. I've tested the wires the go from the harness to the pump and they also are fine. I've replaced the ecu just for the heck of it since then but it still has the same issue. Anyone know what's going on??

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
You've done a lot already. What was the service code that triggered the FI light?

·
Registered
2011 ZX-10R. Black bikes matter!
66 Posts
I was riding my 07 zx10r home the other day from work and I did I good ole rip of the throttle and probly hit about 150, I looked down and I saw my f1 light flashing so I slowed down and listen for wierd noises and I looked behind me to check for smoke lol but nothing the bike was running the same with 0 noticable difference. I rode straight home about half a mile and shut the bike off. I immediately tried to restart it and the fuel pump wont prime the bike just cranks. Since this has happened I've tested the pump with a power probe and a multimeter and it works fine. I've tested the wires the go from the harness to the pump and they also are fine. I've replaced the ecu just for the heck of it since then but it still has the same issue. Anyone know what's going on??
As Skydork mentioned, did you pull the codes to see what triggered the FI light?

The service manual contains instructions on how to pull codes and a list of the code descriptions once you read them. If you do not have the manual, there is a link below so you can download it for free.

At this point, further troubleshooting is required. I would highly suggest that you pull one of the stick coils and test for spark, along with verifying that the injectors are firing. You can check the injectors with a test light, mechanics stethoscope, or even use your finger to see if it is clicking.

The tests above are to verify that the ECU is functioning at all, and to see if the cam/crank sensors are good.

You also might want to test or temporarily bypass the kickstand switch. When they go bad they make the bike start doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts