Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had a dent in my swingarm from a wreck that happened about a year ago on my 08. Ive stumbled across a free 2nd Gen swingarm, will it work on my 08??? Are there any pros or cons if it will work?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I really don't like the looks of the Gen2 swingarm.. IMO of course. It should mount up with no problems since they use the same linkages and rear tire sizes, so performance shouldn't change too much if any. The frame for the Gen2 and Gen3 are pretty similar unlike the Gen1. The Gen1 swingarm pivot is located abit further back in the frame rail then the other models.
And mounting up the exhaust shouldn't be a problem either since the 08' exhaust shoot out the side and away from the swingarm.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
You might run into exhaust clearance issues about where the rear sets are, but I think it will work, and look cool, I like how the second gen arms are braced underneath, looks cool, like a M1, RC212V,or the 4th Gen ZX10 WSBK, go for it and post pics, you should strip the arm and brush the aluminum to take that "Works" look further.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think the brushed look is ugly, I just dont understand why people do it.

I will probably leave it black though, having a black bike and all

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link, but that IMO looks horrid, I think I will wait till I have the $$$ to get a new 3rd gen one.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I like the gen2 look. If you've got a free gen2 swingarm, why not try it? It may just look good in the original black. The pic above doesn't really do the modification justice.

I was extremely disappointed when the gen4 came out and it didn't have the race swingarm. It definately looks WAAAYYYY better with the inverted swingarm.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
i like the gen2 look. If you've got a free gen2 swingarm, why not try it? It may just look good in the original black. The pic above doesn't really do the modification justice.

i was extremely disappointed when the gen4 came out and it didn't have the race swingarm. It definately looks waaayyyy better with the inverted swingarm.
:+1::+2:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Do you know by chance if the gen2 arm would directly swap onto the gen1 without any other parts??

I think it would, there was a 1st gen in the gallery with one on it, and a high center mount exhuast, it looked cool!
Again, there may be slight clearance issues with the exhaust, but not much, I think it'll clear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts