Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
removing flies in 07 question

I did this on my 14 and it made a huge difference down low. I hate how this thing is sluggish til 9k. how much difference does it make?

I know on the 14 if you remove the flies the bike will run real lean, just curious if the 10 is the same way. I plan on getting pipes, exhaust etc but that wont be for a few months. so if i have to ill wait til i get a pc.

just dont want to harm the motor.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
you gotta be kiddin me....please, use the SEARCH. its just ironic because we recently had a huge thread about this very subject. but first id like to say you shouldve bought a first gen and then youd never have complained about it being "sluggish".

PLEASE read all 17 pages of this thread before you reply:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?p=853496#post853496

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Heaves dont make me kick you in the balls for saying "you should of bought the first gen" Theyre all fucking good.:thumbsup: I dont know why the ding dong is saying the bike is sluggish when its really not.:rolleyes: Its gotta be a personal weight issue.:lol:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
before heaves get off his milk crate, i thought from what i read on the 17+ pages, hasn't the majority of the users of this mod been on a 1st gen?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this mere 1000cc isnt quite what im used to, so yeah it is sluggish. I just want a simple yes no answer not read the next 80 pages of blah blah blah useful blah blah trash talking blah

just a quick answer will do me fine.

and another Q stock tires, good enough for a trackday?? going in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
well this mere 1000cc isnt quite what im used to, so yeah it is sluggish. I just want a simple yes no answer not read the next 80 pages of blah blah blah useful blah blah trash talking blah

Stock tyres are not good at all.:headshake Should replace them. I crashed mine at the track on stock tyres Bike was 2 weeks old.:headshake So better do it sooner rather than later.:thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
haha cmon fellas you cant shun a first gen rider for defending the grand daddy of his pride and power can you? im sure you guys saw this coming when you read his post :wink:
either way, long story short, removed secondaries:IMPROVED THROTTLE RESPONSE. and as garth dyno-proved it gave the first gen +5hp on top however it fells evenly distributed through out the whole curve :badteeth:(i like smiles). give it a try dude :thumbsup:
either way you cant go wrong by reading my secondary thread, half of it is great feedback the other half is people inquiring and bitching about their laziness.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
heaves is the install fairly similar on the 2nd gen as its on the 1st?
to my understanding the procedure is the exact same however the second gen is plagued w loctite on its screws. so you may need to exercise you mechanical skill to remove them. do it up, BK loves the mod. check the thread out.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
they there hesaves i was reading the mods on your bike and i was wondering i thought if you removed the 2ndarys you didnt need the TRE you have both it looks like does the TRE help with anything else

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
hesaves is the install fairly similar on the 2nd gen as its on the 1st?
It is the same method in removing the secondaries flies. Gen 2 is a little bit tougher to undo the screws. I ended up using a srewdriver with a visegrip clamped to the screwdriver.So you can maintain constant downward pressure on the crewdriver itself, whilst using the visegrip to turn the screwdriver. This works best in removal of screws without rounding them off.

to my understanding the procedure is the exact same however the second gen is plagued w loctite on its screws. so you may need to exercise you mechanical skill to remove them. do it up, BK loves the mod. check the thread out.
Yes I do like this mod, as it seem to work for me in a track enviroment.

·
Registered
515 Posts

I would say no to the stock Q's they suck aftermarket Q's are better. I'm now running the 2ct's and have already done a track day they worked out great

1 - 20 of 67 Posts