Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so someone with a second gen needs to tell me if im crazy or if its the bike. when i put my helmet on my tank for an longer than 1 min. and then put my helmet on, it smell like gas. so now would the seal be going back or is there a purge im missing, cause i've heard it do it before. also if it is the seal, just wanted to know if there was a recall on it or not.

thanx , kris

·
Registered
582 Posts
Every decent bike has a reliefe valve in the gas cap :wink:

didnt you hear the buzzing sound when you turn your engine off when the tank es almost empty ??

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Every decent bike has a reliefe valve in the gas cap :wink:

didnt you hear the buzzing sound when you turn your engine off when the tank es almost empty ??
yeah its the reliefe valve

·
Registered
213 Posts
ok so someone with a second gen needs to tell me if im crazy or if its the bike. when i put my helmet on my tank for an longer than 1 min. and then put my helmet on, it smell like gas. so now would the seal be going back or is there a purge im missing, cause i've heard it do it before. also if it is the seal, just wanted to know if there was a recall on it or not.

thanx , kris
:hello:.....what up. I just open and close my cap to release the pressure prior to sitting my helmet on top of the tank. That way pressure is releaved and no fumes to deal with.:wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys thanx just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the bike thats all.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
haha because the gas cap vents the tank maybeeee :heyyou: :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts