Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am thinking about putting a full exhaust system on my 06 zx10.
For those that have done it would you do it again?
or just save some money and stick with slip/bolt on?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well for me I had a devil bolt on. Our bikes are very quiet to begin with. I am not one for really loud bikes but The bolt ons and slip ons are just too quiet for me. A bolt on or slip on leaves the resonator or catalytic converter thing on which keeps it too quiet. I bought a boz bros b2 half system which keeps the stock headers but changes everything else and I love it. I would definately go back and save the money on the bolt on and put it towards the half or full system. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm for a full titanium system all the way, baby! If you got the money, go for it. You can't beat the weight savings and performance gain.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
You said it for me Joker...I'm cheap so I bought a slip on and gutted the cats!!!

not so much cheap just have bills=sucks dick

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
full system for sure. sound is great, power is mean and smooth.....and the blueing of the titanium headers is beautiful........akra ti

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
for street riding full system doesnt work? why not just do A&R baffles then?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am in absolute love with my muzzy system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
full system for sure. sound is great, power is mean and smooth.....and the blueing of the titanium headers is beautiful........akra ti
I agree

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
yeah if you have the money buy a full system.. i was a broke ass and bought a competition werkes slip on for $200.. it was JUNK

·
Registered
772 Posts
A&R baffles for $100. Slip-on sound, stock look, budget price.
I was going to go with the A&R's because I love an undertail exhaust. That was until I started reading issues about their quality and longevity. I ended up lucking out on a muzzy m10 system. I scored it from a parts breaker on ebay for 230 shipped. Unfair I know, but I didn't think I would like it. Six months later, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
765 Posts
A&R re-did their kits to include some spacers that hold things together tightly. I have had mine in for a year and they're still as good as new.

On my budget, it was simply my only choice. Either that, or stay stock.

·
Registered
772 Posts
A&R re-did their kits to include some spacers that hold things together tightly. I have had mine in for a year and they're still as good as new.

On my budget, it was simply my only choice. Either that, or stay stock.
ahh, that makes sense.

i feel you on the budget thing. that is why i was going to do it too, but lucked into the muzzy system.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
i love the look of the stock pipes wat r the a&r baffles
What is a Baffle Kit?

A Race Baffle replaces your OEM Baffle. What this does is increase exhaust airflow, which helps performance and improves sound quality. The sound and performance gains are very similar to expensive slip-on's.

This was taken directly from their website. Here's the link http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/stor.../kawasaki-2006-2007-zx10r-racing-baffles.html

I have KR tuned half system but I haven't installed yet. It looks good and I can't wait to install it. I got it for a very reasonable deal from kneedraggers. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details...tml?loomia_si=t0:a16:g2:r1:c0.40032:b17607082
They also have a full system for around 800 shipped! Due to my budget, I went with the slip on instead.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Yup ive had 3 dif. full systems and althoguh im happy with what i got now i wold buy another full:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts