Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's 44 degrees here, so I decided to take the bike out. Been super anxious..Well, this was a GREAT mod!!! My bike responds like no other. Rolling like 5 grand and snap the throttle in 2nd, right in the air. I hit a straight road..1st, straight up...I let it drop, clicked 2nd and twisted, right back up, but it was managable and slowing getting higher. I clicked 3rd and it was still airborne. It accelerates insanely fast!! The TQ diff alone is worth it...Also, I did not change my map and it is running great. No surges, stutters, nothing...I can't wait until it gets warm so I can really beat on it.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
amen to that brother. pass on the good word.

see my signature for a quick link.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ok, it's 44 degrees here, so I decided to take the bike out. Been super anxious..Well, this was a GREAT mod!!! My bike responds like no other. Rolling like 5 grand and snap the throttle in 2nd, right in the air. I hit a straight road..1st, straight up...I let it drop, clicked 2nd and twisted, right back up, but it was managable and slowing getting higher. I clicked 3rd and it was still airborne. It accelerates insanely fast!! The TQ diff alone is worth it...Also, I did not change my map and it is running great. No surges, stutters, nothing...I can't wait until it gets warm so I can really beat on it.
I'm thinking of doing -1 in the front and then +1 or 2 next time around. How much did you put in the speedohealer ? I'm gonna have to get one when I change my gearing as well.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My motor is stock with bolt-ons and mapping exceptions.
At the track coming out of turn 9 on the front straight I fight keeping my front end down until I get her all straightened out. It's a blast for sure and they are wheelie machines. Can be good or bad depending how you look a that, but my buddies new '06 liter GSXR's don't wheelie in 3rd like mine wants to. I'm weighing about 215lbs + in full gear.
The other day I looked down when I backed off and set the front down and the speedo was reading 133mph. I'm sure if I had bigger balls and a better surface I could have rode it further.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had the gipro already so i noticed a little on the bottom & mid range but am pleased that the bike now pulls hard through all the way through 12-13 grand. It used to run out of steam before yanking the 2nds.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I'm thinking of doing -1 in the front and then +1 or 2 next time around. How much did you put in the speedohealer ? I'm gonna have to get one when I change my gearing as well.
no hes talking about removing the secondary butterflies...check out my signature and click on the quick line for the how-to

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll go out and do it right now while I have the day off. I read somewhere that just heating up the tip of the screw-driver and placing it on the screw for about 10 seconds will help break the loc-tite?? Is that right?? Any other suggestions before I go rip her apart???

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll go out and do it right now while I have the day off. I read somewhere that just heating up the tip of the screw-driver and placing it on the screw for about 10 seconds will help break the loc-tite?? Is that right?? Any other suggestions before I go rip her apart???

That's all you have to do...Heat em and twist out. Use a magnetic screwdriver to remove any dropped metal shavings. Dude, my bike felt like it wanted to pull my arms out....HEHHEHEH...I LOVE IT!

Let us know

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
That's all you have to do...Heat em and twist out. Use a magnetic screwdriver to remove any dropped metal shavings. Dude, my bike felt like it wanted to pull my arms out....HEHHEHEH...I LOVE IT!

Let us know
you have arms? i thought yer name was BOB :wink:

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You picked on smaller kids as a child....I know it...I just do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay.... Little assistance please. I got seven of the screws out, but that last little bastard will NOT BUDGE!!!!! I've obviously stripped the damn thing....Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay.... Little assistance please. I got seven of the screws out, but that last little bastard will NOT BUDGE!!!!! I've obviously stripped the damn thing....Any suggestions??

Needle nose vise grips...Go to Lowe's...No other way really. They work...I had to use on all 8, so you are doing better than I did.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts