Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am head over heels. I just bought my 07 Zx10r (which I have named TENMA) on Saturday morning for 8000 out the dealership door with 4 miles on it! I could write sweet poetry about this things power and sound. I've never ridden anything that compares to this masterfully created monster of living, breathing art.

After almost getting to the end of the break in period, I have an exhaust question. I've searched the forums for exhaust options, but haven't found an exact answer to my query so here goes:

Believe it or not, I like the stock exhaust sound. I've never heard another 07 zx10 in person so I wouldn't know, but when you first start her up, the first 5 minutes sounds MEAN. Almost like the GP bikes. Is that mine? or is that usual. I want a sound that replicates that MEAN growl, but in an under seat exhaust. Any ideas? And thanks for the information in advance! I finally join the ranks of proud zx10 owners. GO TENMA! :hitit:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
WOW thats great dude take care of it and get insurance trust me they took my baby mystic and i am in the proses of trying to replace her.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Awesome! Now get some performance upgrades and she will scream even more. I know:mrgreen:

·
Registered
844 Posts
congrats,i have the 06 and my brother has the 07 and can't give us anything different.i have the single two brothers and he got the dual jardin which is quite and you can hear the BIG BLOCK sound.ENJOY.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
check out akrapovic or arrow, i love my akro's they have a great deep tone to em and not ricey or annoying and arrows are along the same lines and they have some nice lookin cans

·
Dangerous
304 Posts
I liked the undertail exhaust when I got my 06. I recently put a Racefit Growler on it and I love it more than ever. If you want a GP look with a GP sound, go with the growler!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Congrats. The best mod you will ever do for the money is get rid of those stock calipers and get either the same model year ZX-14 or ZX-6R calipers and pads. Direct replacements. They bolt right up. You can check out the multitude of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
987 Posts
wow there still selling gen2's, that awesome ! the sound ur bike is making when it starts up is part of a warm up phase, so the bike reaches operating temp a little bit quicker. my 06 does it, and ur right it does sound like a beast. anyone if im wrong please correct me , and can anyone go into detail about cold startup and what the bike actually does during

·
Registered
500 Posts
best bike i could have ever bought. gotta love those 2nd gens

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
That mean growl is the warm up phase...Stock it sounds good...When I put on My Leo Vince EVO II exhaust it sounded better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats, how did you come up with TENMA?
Thanks! and I'm glad you asked. It seems like common nicknames for our bike revolve around the #10, obviously. So I wanted to involve 10 in the nickname for mine. Then I remembered this incredibly gorgeous Japanese girl I used to talk to my 2nd year of college named...Tenma. It seems to fit. Their both Asian and their both smokin' hot.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts