Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm on a tight budget. I have the opportunity to get a full CF Akra EVO system NIB for a fraction of the cost.

I'm concern about the extra costs associated with a full system, Power Commander, dyno tune with custom map, etc.

I'm really on the fence about this thing, because of the extra costs. But, I'd hate to walk away from a smokin deal!

Currently, I'm just running the A&R baffle kit with no Power Commander and an OEM air filter.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hmm....only thing i could think to help would be, save the money and hook ME up with the deal....lol! All joking aside, its tough to give any advice on what you should do, because eveyones situation is different. Best i could come up with is, if you are putting her away for winter be patient and see what other deals spring up when you have more money. If you ride most the year and dont have too much down time maybe buy it?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well that would of been a good deal. Except the price is climbing like crazy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it would have ramped up toward the end. Me posting it here probably didn't help.

The stainless (or Ti, whatever it is) one is still cheap.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I figured it would have ramped up toward the end. Me posting it here probably didn't help.

The stainless (or Ti, whatever it is) one is still cheap.
I'm winning the bid on the carbon but I doubt for very long. I don't really need it anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
477 Posts
any akro full system will work ok straight out of the box,you'll just get a bit more out off it if you decide to get pc,filter and tune..but you don't need too!!akropovic allways say no tuning needed,but you will make the most of a full system if you do..

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
WAs a bargain for someone!

·
Registered
335 Posts
So I take it I made out on this deal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If I had known then what I know now I would of put the bid in on both. I'm just hoping I don't get the shaft on this. Feedback was good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wish I hadn't seen this. Been waiting for a good deal on an akra for years.

I picked up a yosh full system about a month ago for 6 bills and thought it was a deal. Just installed over the weekend with Ivans map. If it would just stop raining. Took it for a little spin, but couldn't do much with wet roads.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
WOW you could have had both those systems for half of retail on one system. Amazing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So I was looking at how many people were bidding on the Ti vs the carbon. Is there something better about the Ti?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
It will last longer, over time carbon fiber will break down, change colors...I don't buy a lick of carbon any more...I had a raw carbon can on one of my late honda's and it saw a lot of sun light etc, after about a year it was the most nasty looking piece of carbon you would see...After that only titanium...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts