Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help just some background info i bought an 2005 zx10 around september it was a crashed bike only damage was the side pulsing cover and rashes on plastic and exhuast all banged up

the problem is when in second gear if i give the bike gas it starts jerkin like it popiing in and out of gear dont kno how to explain it but it kinda clicks and the bike jerks in and out of gear

thanks in advance for anyhelp

·
Registered
346 Posts
Check your gas filter and or gas pump. am no expert but give it a try. they say to smell the gas tank if it smells bad something is up with the rust being pump into the pump.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
^^^ that or it could be damage to the clutch if it was drop on that side also??? My bro had the same problem with his sv650 you would have to skip 3rd gear and go straight to 4th.If not it would do what you have said.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bike was droped on the right side correct me if im wrong isnt the clutch on the left on these bikes or opposite thxs for the help guys

btw thats exactly what i do i skip 2nd cuz i figure just not mess with it more

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump .

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
You may have a bad second gear or bad shift fork.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with Jblaze. It sounds like the shift fork is bad or the 2nd gear dogs are rounded off. If it was the clutch it wouldn't be a 2nd gear specific problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on average how much would a shift fork cost to replace or even all of second gear?? thxs for the replies guys

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
yeah i would bet its second gear going most shops charge about 1200-1500 to fix a tranny with parts and labor czuz motor has to come outa bike and cases split. if you do need a tranny get hard shift shafts new forks and send the tranny out to be back cut also run the factory pro shift star your trany will shift like butter. maybe even put a thin head gasket in since you have the motor out just throwing things out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts