Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Hu'zza. The boys who's names appear on the sheepskin have to be saying:thumbsup: You finally got it right.

chicago's "Hizoner, Da Ma'yor" (and I'll assume his fully armed body guards) are all flustered that citizens will now be able to arm themselves against lawless hoodlums attacking them in their homes.

he would like us to believe that chicago will plunge into near constant bullet flying meyhem... NEW FLASH JAGWEED - that's what's going on RIGHT FRICKIN' NOW under your out right handgun ban.

He claims that America has a problem with gun violence... Well I live just a mear 40 miles from the Democratic Utopia of gun control... Everyone I know has firearms. I would dare say a home is more likely to have a gun then not and yet, we don't have 50 shootings a weekend.

we don't have registration, yet the fire fighters and EMT's don't get fired upon.

we don't have any of the licenses, taxes, micro stamping, computer databases or any of the jillion other schemes floating around in king Richards pea size brain...

... and we don't have the shootings.... HOW CAN THAT BE?

I have NEVER lived in a house with out a gun, wait I take that back, when I lived in the Barracks in the Navy... I didn't have a weapon. Other then that I have lived my entire life in a house where there were firearms... yet I haven't shot anyone, I've never been shot, I've never shot my wife, my kids haven't shot anyone... HOW CAN THAT BE Mr. Ma'yor?

could it be that the "gun violence" problem has everything to do with "violence" and nothing to do with the gun.

The Chicago Trib constantly runs articals about getting rid of the gangs and the guns...

I'll be if you got rid of the gangs... you wouldn't have to worry about the guns.

in any case, talk amongst yourselves.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
losing your guns? it was a close vote, sure. i live by the 'from my cold dead hands' motto:thefinger, and i too like rifleman never lived in a home without guns and that includes having guns in my barracks room in the Corps. whats an infantry marine to not always have a gun?:badteeth: its a bill of right for a reason, cant and wont take my shite.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for fighting and this is for long range naval battles at sea *S*

I just wanted to grab the jags on the court and say, "Really? Really? 'the right of the people....' what the fuck does that mean to you, cuz it means the citizens of this FUCKIN' country to me azz face"... "really, what does "keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' mean?" ca'mon just spit it out you fucks, the reason the constitution is in plain english is so the frickin pleabian masses could point out to the literati that their rights are not to be abridged.

Really? the right of the people to keep and bear arms doesn't mean we get to own and carry a gun? Really...

what a bunch of phucks.

{/rant}

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
losing your guns? it was a close vote, sure. i live by the 'from my cold dead hands' motto:thefinger, and i too like rifleman never lived in a home without guns and that includes having guns in my barracks room in the Corps. whats an infantry marine to not always have a gun?:badteeth: its a bill of right for a reason, cant and wont take my shite.
a Marine with out a weapon is a stick... that isn't even sharp. Of course I figure most Marines can kill with a cross look or even bite your shins until they get to your jugular. Remember the "black night" from Monty Python, that was a retired 90 y/o Marine with 100% disability from going toe to toe with japs on Batan. You frickin think NASA came up with "failure is not an option"? Phuck that, it's tattooed on the head of your dick when you graduate from Paris Island.

I'm so glad you jar head guys are around, I luv saying, "me?, oh hell no, i'm a lover, talk to them, when they are done beatin' your azz, I'll get a navy corpman to patch you up while I give your girlfriend a 'submarine'".

:crackup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
That was to close for comfort sure enough. I have a concealed weapons permit so I hate to anything adjusted, abolished, etc... for the second amendment.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Its sad to see how people of far lesser ability and even less comparable intelligence are trying to change one of the greatest pieces of literature ever written.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread Rifleman. I just finished reading the McDonald v. City of Chicago Second Amendment case your talking about. It's funny that I've read it and the current (Liberal) Supreme Court nominee Kagan said she hasn't read it yet! Highlights of the decision, in my view, include the following:

"The court clarified that the government standard is whether a particular Bill of Rights protection is fundimental to our nations particular scheme of ORDERED LIBERTY and system of justice."

"The Fourteenth Amendment makes the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms fully applicable to the states."

"1689 English Bill of Rights expilcitly protected a RIGHT to keep arms for self defense."

Now for the BAD news. Except for McDonald v. City of Chicago and D.C v. Heller most lower court caselaw is AGAINST the right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for personal protecting and/or allow cities to pass restrictive gun regulations. That's probably why The Courts votes are so close in these cases.

P.S. I'm a paralegal. I know,... I need a life!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also, another thing I forgot to mention (and you can find this in the decision) is one of the City of Chicago's arguments is that since other CIVILIZED countries (like England and Germany) don't have a compelling need for it's citizens to have firearms for self protection then CIVILIZED people in the United States shouldn't either!! My eyes rolled around in my head when I read (I paraphrased) that!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Also, another thing I forgot to mention (and you can find this in the decision) is one of the City of Chicago's arguments is that since other CIVILIZED countries (like England and Germany) don't have a compelling need for it's citizens to have firearms for self protection then CIVILIZED people in the United States shouldn't either!! My eyes rolled around in my head when I read (I paraphrased) that!
Good posts. Good info. Wow, don't they know that we AREN'T CIVILIZED? :badteeth: :rolleyes:

It just seems that this country is being attacked from within, by it's own people. People like these tools won't be happy until everyone is without arms and has "victim" tattoed on their foreheads.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now for the BAD news. Except for McDonald v. City of Chicago and D.C v. Heller most lower court caselaw is AGAINST the right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for personal protecting and/or allow cities to pass restrictive gun regulations. That's probably why The Courts votes are so close in these cases.

P.S. I'm a paralegal. I know,... I need a life!
well that's not entirely correct. this is the first time the court has actually coffered an oppinion on the two core questions, 1. is the second amendment a individual right or collective right and Heller answered that, individual. and 2. is the 2nd amendment applicable to all localities and McDonald answerd that.

Miller Vs. US, the spoke to the types of weapons, I.E. "Militia weapons" and basically left the standing assumption that if a weapon was a vaild Militia weapon, then it would be protected and the right to keep and bear it justified (Miller was a bootlegger caught with a sawed off shotgun)

Cruikshank simply said that the second amendment limited the federal governments power... that coupled with the 14th makes a very strong argument for the McDonald decission.

the real jackassary that seems to be going on now is that this is an excuse for Hizoner to push new and more gun control...

his defination of "common sense gun control" and what is really common sense are vastly different. My hope is that the court is using a good definition as well and this is where the danger comes in. All the schemes cooked up by Daley are going to end up at or near the supreme court in the future. Taxes, registrations, ownership limitations, manditory libility insurance or training... all will be determined by future courts and those onerious caviots could all become law with a court full of Sodamayers and Kagans

Common sense gun control to me would be things like prohibiting felons from owning or using a firearm, Adjucated mentally unstable, minors.

non common sense gun controls would be limits on numbers or types of firearms, registrations, taxes, licensing, locations such as a 1000 feet from this or that...

I guess this the true meat and potatoes of this decission is that the arguement can easily be made... If you can't tax a news paper (freedom of the press, 1st amendment) then you can't tax gun ownership. Constantly drawing the similarities between, say, freedom of speech and freedom to keep and bear where the freedom of speech is significatly protected and only in rare cases such as lible and slander, is it limited. The second should be afforded as much if not more protection from government... infringment:lol:

It's a good first step, should have been taken along time ago. The battle has been won, but the war is far from over.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good posts. Good info. Wow, don't they know that we AREN'T CIVILIZED? :badteeth: :rolleyes:

It just seems that this country is being attacked from within, by it's own people. People like these tools won't be happy until everyone is without arms and has "victim" tattoed on their foreheads.
I'll take uncivilized and free over being a civilized slave any day.

·
Registered
462 Posts
illinois needs to get rid of the FOID card PEROID.. and just let it be.... if it would have passed there would have been trubble, no one in there mind is going to give there gun away....

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rgr that. Illinois, the only state where you carry a card to prove you aren't retarded.

we'll see both sides of this sword. if Daley is going to bitch and cry and try to pass every bit of Jackassary under the sun...

... perhaps we can get some law suits going that clearly define what "keep" and "bear" means and we might be "bearing" a firearm sooner then King Richard can say, "bulldoze Migs field"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts