Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can u swap a 2nd gen swing ARM onto a 3rd gen without any special mods just simply swap one for the other??? Thanks in advance...I pretty sure u can swap them just unclear if any extra stuff needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Can u swap a 2nd gen swing ARM onto a 3rd gen without any special mods just simply swap one for the other??? Thanks in advance...I pretty sure u can swap them just unclear if any extra stuff needs to be done.
:bump: ke2012, did you get any details on this mod? If so please send me details. TIA.:eek:ccasion1

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
im pretty sure you can. these frames are all almost identical. i think its been done before on this forum

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I would say yes
I never seen anyone who did it, but ive seen both onto a 1st gen and they fit without any issues, i would think is the same.

You might need a brake bracket and brake line but im not sure on that either.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
im pretty sure you can. these frames are all almost identical. i think its been done before on this forum
I would say yes
I never seen anyone who did it, but ive seen both onto a 1st gen and they fit without any issues, i would think is the same.

You might need a brake bracket and brake line but im not sure on that either.
The ones I've seen who have done it on a 2nd gen went with a side mount exhaust. I was thinking of keeping my under tails. Would this still work with my ohlins ka540 rear shock with no clearance issues? Maybe down the line when I get more cash flow get the Racefit or just fab a side mount like one of the members here.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
The ones I've seen who have done it on a 2nd gen went with a side mount exhaust. I was thinking of keeping my under tails. Would this still work with my ohlins ka540 rear shock with no clearance issues? Maybe down the line when I get more cash flow get the Racefit or just fab a side mount like one of the members here.
No it wont fit with a undertail exhaust.

And the shock might not work either.
I know the 1st gen ohlins shock wont work with the 3rd gen arm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts