Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really would like the aprilia, but the honda looks pretty nice. the only problem is they seem to be nearly impossible to find in the states. does anyone know anything about getting one over here?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sucks. i've been riding my 600 for a couple months now and i just don't feel like i need that much power, but i want a sport bike so i can bring it to the track too. my only one i know i can come by is the zx-2r, which i'm sure is a fun bike, but it doesn't seem like it would be that great at the track, and it's not that great looking. too street, not so much sport.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=263&content=photos

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You could import one as a race only bike, or have one sent over in pieces and build it back up yourself, there are ways to get anything imported , it just depends on what is the purpose .

I have seen 90's Minis rebadged as 67 's , Tombraider Edition Landrovers badged as series 11 , Lotus Elises imported as kit cars.

It depends on how much you want it and how much you are willing to pay for export and customs.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
If you buy one in the UK , you can even have it on vacation for a year , one of my buds from England did it with his R1.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed the local Aprilia dealer here in the Dallas area and this is his response

Re: RS250

Sorry, not avalible in the usa. please see www.apriliausa.com for what is avalible here.

Thanks, Derek

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You're not the first one here to want one either, somebody else tried a while ago , it sucks because they would make a great track bike.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're not the first one here to want one either, somebody else tried a while ago , it sucks because they would make a great track bike.
exactly, i guess us North Americans need as much power as humanly possible and couldn't possible lower our standards to something as pansy as a 250cc motor.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks homie

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn someone selling an '01 for 2900, too bad i'm not in california.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You can also find them on the WERA forums from time to time. I met a guy at the local bike night with a RS 250 with a RGV 500 motor shoe horned into the frame. He did all the work, it was friggen one of the baddest bikes I've seen in a while......and the sound was incredible when he fired it up!!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stupid question, but what is a motor shoe?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh i missed the horned part. i get what shoe horning is. that's pretty nuts cuz the frame is tiny on the rs

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow the rs250 has wheelbase of 1370mm and weighs 310lbs dry. i really want this bike.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts