Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike ran pretty well at Maxton this weekend, 2 passes @ 243, and one at 245, the fastest 1000 in the mile. Around 30psi boost, ~450hp, no boost controller, no airshifter, I missed a shift on this pass.

I need to do a little work to get ready for the 1.5 mile event at Loring AFB up in Maine on July 16-17, where I'll shoot for 250 :mrgreen:

The 245 run was made with a hacked bellypan and airfilter in place.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Congrats man! Outstanding!!!!!!

Thank goodness they are closing that track man!!!! Hopefully next month you can make it over to Kennedy space center and run on that track 4 miles of perfect concrete!!!

Whats the record for all motor 1000's do ya know?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks, it's not as bumpy as it looks, but yeah I'm looking forward to Loring :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Nice!!! I just found that page lol.... looks like you hold the nitrous record huh, 218!!!! thats insane! I wanna do a nitrous run but I dont know how I feel about blasting much more juice at her than a 30-40 shot ya know :-/ Should be about 205-210hp-ish on MR12, how fast do you think 230hp will get me?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I'd give my left nut for a chance to do that, PLEASE let me know!!!! :thumbsup:
I for sure will, would be nice to have all the fastest guys out there, you running 240's+ Bill Warner running 270's+ and the Ford GT running what ever they want lol... they are shooting for 300mph this year!!!

Oh yeah and me hopefully breaking the motor record which I think I easily have in my back pocket :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
now that's a sweet adrenaline rush! great run bro! as for the pavement though, adios mio, no buenooooooooooooo!:crackup:

·
Registered
599 Posts
what gearing?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Loring is 1.5 miles, and no way could I catch up with Bill. He was making around 650hp to go 278, and I don't have anything close to his aero package or chassis tuneup with the 10.

It gets exponentially harder to go faster, the faster you go. Getting to 200 in the mile is hard. Getting to 220 is MUCH harder. Getting to 240, harder still, etc. Getting it 275 is ludicrously hard :D

The faster you go, the thicker the air gets.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts