Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forums no threads found about pressures in the Dunlop Gp211. Dunlop site says 33f 23 rear off warmers. Anyone used these tires at those pressures for track day.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Yeah, the GPA is made to run lower pressures like that in the rear. That's a good starting point and adjust from there based on feeling and temps. I liked between 24-25 when I ran them.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Searched the forums no threads found about pressures in the Dunlop Gp211. Dunlop site says 33f 23 rear off warmers. Anyone used these tires at those pressures for track day.
Not used them but had numerous people state those PSI readings. Only a guess that the PSI off warmers and then on track it must gain 2-3% when HOT.

BD

·
Registered
824 Posts
23 is correct and it's 23 off the warmers (or off the track) it's 21 cold. I've run these tires since 2012 and it's not a typo :). Rear tire construction is different from front, which is why there's such a drastic pressure difference.

I would caution you not to run these tires on the street, just in case that's what you're thinking of doing. These tires need way higher forces to get up to the operating temperature compared to street tires.

Just check dunlop's website here:

http://www.dunlopracing.com/Pressures.pdf

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the GPA is made to run lower pressures like that in the rear. That's a good starting point and adjust from there based on feeling and temps. I liked between 24-25 when I ran them.
Cool thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
23 is correct and it's 23 off the warmers (or off the track) it's 21 cold. I've run these tires since 2012 and it's not a typo :). Rear tire construction is different from front, which is why there's such a drastic pressure difference.

I would caution you not to run these tires on the street, just in case that's what you're thinking of doing. These tires need way higher forces to get up to the operating temperature compared to street tires.

Just check dunlop's website here:

http://www.dunlopracing.com/Pressures.pdf

Oh fer sure I would never run these tires on the street.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cool thanks.
21 cold and 23 hot is manufacturer recommended and proven-over-the-years spec. I personally have been running these settings since 2012 with zero issues. By running higher than recommended pressure, you are essentially reducing the contact patch so it's not that it won't work, the tire won't give you the grip it can.

In fact, speaking from experience, as the tire continues to wear and lose its grip, dropping the operating (hot) pressure down to 22 or even 21 could help keep the tire performing a bit better.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Is there any additional PSI gain from the warmers or track use?? Given the low psi it must spread the heat quick and evenly to avoid cold tears.

BD
There shouldn't be any additional PSI gain beyond 23 at operating (hot) temperature. Starting at 21 cold could be misleading because ambient temperature plays a big part in this. You can start at 21 cold on a brisk morning and end up with 24-25 off the track. As the day continues to warm up, operating pressure will continue to go up so I usually check my pressures on the warmers every few hours or so. It's quite common to have to let the air out a little bit as ambient temperature goes up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
23psi coming off the track. and 34 35 in the front . we were running them all season because of dunlop contingency last years and 23 was the best setup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts