Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I had a great weekend at Maxton with the ZX10. Chased the tuneup on Saturday, then found it Sunday morning, running 214 and 217 naked, then 223 and 225 with an upper fairing installed, to take the fastest 1000 record at Maxton, and fastest naked 1000 anywhere. Bike ran great, thanks to SM2W, Muzzys, MPS, and Tiger Racing.

Congrats to Mark Deluca, Steve Knecum & Larry Forstall on an amazing achievement, Mark went 227mph on an *all-motor* Hayabusa. They have the fastest NA bikes at Maxton, and Bonneville. WTFG.

Dean

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
gnarly

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
That is seriously insane! :thumbsup: Do the lowers actually slow you down when installed and that's why you run without them?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks :D

The mids and lowers would help, but the upper was all I had. Made a huge difference to me, it felt completely calm behind that screen, compared to naked. On the 223 pass I thought I went about 190.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Damn, thats getting it done most people dont know what a big deal this is ,im sure this is the fastest zx-10 to do land speed racing period........ love the set up, it takes a lot of work to get a turbo to work on a zx-10 the suzuki's are easy and have alot more parts to work with............................... outstanding job ............................................

·
Registered
801 Posts
I go 250mph on the street, dawg! :lol: Good run for sure. Be sure to get some videos of that next time! I'd love to hear that thing scream. What all has been done to the bike?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. The basics are Muzzy pistons, Crower rods, valves & springs, water-air intercooled turbo, secondary injectors. *Heavy* clutch springs.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thanks guys. The basics are Muzzy pistons, Crower rods, valves & springs, water-air intercooled turbo, secondary injectors. *Heavy* clutch springs.
Still at stock displacement? I love taking twistys, but I'm sure you can get a fairly good rush at 225mph :lol:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Yes I know Sal, he builds great LSR bikes for sure. He didn't make it this meet.

If everything checks out with the motor, I'm going to install a boost controller, add a bit more power, and see if I can go 220 naked and 230 with the nose fairing next month.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
That's really hauling the mail! Congrats! I think we need more pics and some vids. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Just noticed the swing arm extensions, not a whole new arm. Are they welded on, or just bolted on to spec?

Curious because everyone seems to slam extensions not being *safe* and at 220+ MPH they are still together and that would qualify under *safe* for me.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts