Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki zx10r abs
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering before i purchase my new sprockets if anyone with a 2021 or 2022 zx10r has tried -1f - +2r sprockets yet on these bikes? And do you find it to much of a change. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm wondering before i purchase my new sprockets if anyone with a 2021 or 2022 zx10r has tried -1f - +2r sprockets yet on these bikes? And do you find it to much of a change. Thanks
The question is for what purpose? - 1/+2 is really aggressive, but maybe that's what you want. I run - 1/+1 on my gen4, and it is almost too aggressive for my street riding. I have a noticeable increase in fuel consumption on the highway. That's why I am thinking about goin a - 1 only. -1/+1 is perfect for my trackroding though.

The gearbox ratios of the lower gears have changed from gen4 to gen6, but you can calculate what my ratios are compared to your gen6. Personally, I cannot see why you'd want to go more than - 1/+1, but I know other people have and like it that way.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki zx10r abs
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the reason is it just don't have the bottom end I like. I used to like doing a power wheelie on my old 08 GSXR 1000 with -1f -2r. My Zx10 will but only if I get up around 9 or 10k but by then I'm going to fast and the bike turns into a beast so I feel uncomfortable like it just wants to flip me right over at any second.

If I only did -1 front would that give me a noticeable difference and lower the rpm the front wheel will come up? Thanks

·
Registered
09 ZX10R Anniversary Edition
109 Posts
I guess the reason is it just don't have the bottom end I like. I used to like doing a power wheelie on my old 08 GSXR 1000 with -1f -2r. My Zx10 will but only if I get up around 9 or 10k but by then I'm going to fast and the bike turns into a beast so I feel uncomfortable like it just wants to flip me right over at any second.
I love the -1/+2 setup on my Gen3 10R but that bike also is not making the power of a Gen6.

Is your bike unlocked and tuned?

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki zx10r abs
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I have the stage 2 brentune flash with a sprint filter. Also have a m4GP shorty exhaust with the baffle removed that probably hurts a little bit of my bottom end.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki zx10r abs
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had it -1f and -2r so I felt like it was better on bottom for a wheelie l. But it's not even close once the zx10r gets going it's a beast up top

·
Registered
09 ZX10R Anniversary Edition
109 Posts
I'll say this...even my 09 ZX10R is a missile and even me being a taller dude (6'2) the front end will easily start lifting well into triple digit speeds. I'm running a (.25mm) thin head gasket but other than that just full exhaust, ECU flash, -1/+2...can't imagine a fully unlocked Gen6. would love to ride one before I buy one
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki zx10r abs
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Lord-Blueberry yes that right I think it is more set up for where it belongs and that's on the track where you would want to squeeze all that power out of it without having unnecessary wheelies. I'm thinking maybe just -1 up front might be fine I'm sure even at just that I'll notice a bit of a difference.

@Vader_11B I'm thinking maybe I should just try -1 up front for now I think with the power this bike is putting out it might be too aggressive at -1 and +2

Here a pic of my bike.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts