Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if cat delete exhausts on gen 6 generally have popping/blowback etc with deceleration? I ordered a yoshi exhaust for mine and will put on this coming week, but wanted to know if there's a guide or quick and easy way to bypass the AIS or whatever you refer to the extra fuel that would cause pops (i'm assuming it will happen)

I did this on my z900 by replacing the hose into the airbox with a rubber cap (was a 2 minute job). I've not taken off my fairings yet so I was hoping someone would be able to point this out to me.

I want a handheld tuner but not interested in spending upwards of 6-700 on that right now, and not sure if it would even make sense to get a power commander or not for this fix.

Tips or guides much appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if cat delete exhausts on gen 6 generally have popping/blowback etc with deceleration? I ordered a yoshi exhaust for mine and will put on this coming week, but wanted to know if there's a guide or quick and easy way to bypass the AIS or whatever you refer to the extra fuel that would cause pops (i'm assuming it will happen)

I did this on my z900 by replacing the hose into the airbox with a rubber cap (was a 2 minute job). I've not taken off my fairings yet so I was hoping someone would be able to point this out to me.

I want a handheld tuner but not interested in spending upwards of 6-700 on that right now, and not sure if it would even make sense to get a power commander or not for this fix.

Thanks
Good evening!
I'm new to this forum and new to the zx10. I have a zx-14, which i have had for 5 years and absolutely love that machine!

To answer your question, I have a 21 zx 10 to which i just recently put a cat delete, arrow exhaust with mid pipe and air filter. I have not done an ecu flash. With decel, it does not pop at all. The bike runs smooth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good evening!
I'm new to this forum and new to the zx10. I have a zx-14, which i have had for 5 years and absolutely love that machine!

To answer your question, I have a 21 zx 10 to which i just recently put a cat delete, arrow exhaust with mid pipe and air filter. I have not done an ecu flash. With decel, it does not pop at all. The bike runs smooth.
Thanks for the info. I just got my yoshi eshaust installed and it runs better than expected. I do get an occasional pop on decel but it's not the popping I was worried about. I will probably still install some block off plates at the pair valve in a week or two to see if theres a difference.

·
Registered
2021 ZX10R KRT
1 Posts

Thanks
Installed a Yoshi 3/4 system on my 21 and is popping every shift....researching flashes now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed a Yoshi 3/4 system on my 21 and is popping every shift....researching flashes now.
I got my yoshi on my 21' zx10 and its fantastic, way better than I was expecting in terms of popping on decel. I specify deceleration because that's the popping most are worried about, when you use a quickshifter on any full system you're going to get a small cutoff because that's what the quickshifter is doing, so that "pop" will most likely pertain with any changes to the system. I heard it on the stock muffler but it's just not as noticeable.

I put in the "baffle" yoshi supplied and it's not much of a baffle IMO but I think it put the sound to 90% volume and it sounds great for what i'm going for.

Let me know if your flash really changes the acceleration noise because that would be quite interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts