Registered
ZX10RR
170 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Listening to all that Rea and Lowes and what articles have wrote. I do not think this is the "All New" 2021 bike they are testing. I think its an Hybrid.
Rea and Lowes never say "All new bike" I think they ran the new motor in the old bike chassis first yesterday, then put the new fairings on the old chassis today. He said they are testing and sending feedback to kawasaki .... I think that is when they will finalize the Homologated bike he will race. I think that bike will be totally different from what we see. Maybe look the same, but closer to a race spect bike. If you have WSBK video pass, listen to the questions and the answers.
Neither really answer the question....how do you like XXX, XXX, XXX....
Choice answers.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
170 Posts
Listening to all that Rea and Lowes and what articles have wrote. I do not think this is the "All New" 2021 bike they are testing. I think its an Hybrid.
Rea and Lowes never say "All new bike" I think they ran the new motor in the old bike chassis first yesterday, then put the new fairings on the old chassis today. He said they are testing and sending feedback to kawasaki .... I think that is when they will finalize the Homologated bike he will race. I think that bike will be totally different from what we see. Maybe look the same, but closer to a race spect bike. If you have WSBK video pass, listen to the questions and the answers.
Neither really answer the question....how do you like XXX, XXX, XXX....
Choice answers.
Its been mentioned many times already that the chassis does not change. Thats the new 10RR !!!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
That last pic explains the front end, aero/downforce without any winglets.
I think the front "Lip" creates most of the down force for the new kaw. The air vent/outlet is pretty narrow. I was expecting something similar to the CBR vs. Ducati/BMW basic wing design.
I am figuring the new bike do not need a substantial amount of down force... but at the same time since Rea said (regarding the fairings) he is sending KRT all the infor/feedback/data ... we are going to see a different bike for WSBK. Maybe with this all new motor that spins up 600 more RPM.... I have a feeling the regular zx10 and the RR will get some basic updates to the 2019/2020 engines.
So yeah...we might end up with 3 versions of the bike.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Its been mentioned many times already that the chassis does not change. Thats the new 10RR !!!
Yeah, I know i sound like a broken record. They have another test next week or some time soon Rea said. I think that is when we will see something all new. I'm just brain storming. I still feel when Ichiro Yoda said we can build a Moto Gp level bike like the V4R easily (2 years ago) they started down that road. Even before this test they said (Rea's team manager) said he will be on an all new bike...not an updated bike.
can't wait to see the street bike unveiling on the 23rd. I think after that...more info regarding some of the final track bike will be released...if any

·
Registered
ZX10RR
170 Posts
Yeah, I know i sound like a broken record. They have another test next week or some time soon Rea said. I think that is when we will see something all new. I'm just brain storming. I still feel when Ichiro Yoda said we can build a Moto Gp level bike like the V4R easily (2 years ago) they started down that road. Even before this test they said (Rea's team manager) said he will be on an all new bike...not an updated bike.
can't wait to see the street bike unveiling on the 23rd. I think after that...more info regarding some of the final track bike will be released...if any
Yeah there could be some truth to what you say

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

Curious....
Do you think the "design" of the new 2021 can change in a short period? They plan on releasing pictures of the street bike monday the 23rd. If he is sending feed back as far as fairings...it would make me think they can change some things before "registering" the 2021 bike with WSBK, but at the same time, the bike would have to be similar to the road bike.

Me personally ... I do not want them to make a killer King Kaw ZX10RR-R type of bike. That would slow down the development of the street bike if they make a homologated (500) bikes just to race with.

Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
273 Posts
For now, I'll just pick up a 2019 ZX10RR at the end of the 2021 racing season hahaha!
yeah i was thinking of upgrading from my 2016 in 2021.... but seeing these pics, i dunno if its gonna grow on me.... might just get a barely used 2019/20 for a killer deal next year instead... that front end just isnt doing it for me

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
918 Posts
I think it looks a sh*t ton better here than those AUS photo’s! I really like this. But they could still kill it with a shitty paint scheme/color choice. We need classical Kawasaki green, no crappy mat paint jobs!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think it looks a sh*t ton better here than those AUS photo’s! I really like this. But they could still kill it with a shitty paint scheme/color choice. We need classical Kawasaki green, no crappy mat paint jobs!
Flat/satin black, who can photoshop in different colours?

101 - 120 of 234 Posts