Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 234 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Im torn on the looks....but over all..... I do like it. it has the "New" kawasaki family face. of course the H2 and this have the closes look, but the rest of the kaws have similar looks.

Reactions: jd41

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Rea is testing one today...all new engine they said...it had the old body fairings on it tho.....I think that is why his time is off.

Reactions: mte78

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
New engine, New TFT dash, New look! I am in suckers! That thing looks like a fighter Jet!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dont like how that front end looks right now but I think eventually the design will grow on me. Anyways, it makes the bike look more futuristic and that should serve Kawa well for the next half decade. Fingers crossed on the pricing reveal on 23rd.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's a side by side of the old and new. The new one looks pretty cool especially since they will be led lights and get a tft display. I look forward to hearing how reliable this engine redo will be.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,890 Posts
The front end is better in these pictures than the other leaked ones. The looks are better than I was expecting after seeing those. It's not terrible. The biggest problem will be keeping all that clean! Those recessed headlights and those down force scoops will be catching all sorts of bugs and rocks! Wow!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not as bad with the better quality pictures but these are also race fairings which always look better IMO. Plus the sticker headlights look smaller than the actual ones which looks better to me.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Looks way better than the initial pics we saw. Still looks a bit odd in the front but I know it'll grow on me just as the 2020 6r did. The extra piping you guys mention that is supposed to help the mid-range sounds like it may bring some of the joys from the earlier gens back into the game, might be time for me to start scheming on a new 10r LOL!

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
453 Posts
I'm waiting to hear what they've done with the motor. Onboard footage shows them jumping up to 15300 from a 2020 limit of 14600. Logic would say that they must have made the bore a bit bigger and shortened the stroke to match. My guess is they are gonna be closer to the R1 bore/stroke numbers. Something like 79mm pistons which is up from the 77mm the bike currently has. The 2019 valvetrain updates where a step toward the 2021 rev limit increase.

I'd love to see them go full retard and get up to 81mm bore but the midrange would be miserable. We don't want to be the "other Honda" at that point hahaha. Also since KRT didn't want to ruin the chassis, the motor architecture had to be the same externally to keep the frame similar if not the same.

If they did pretty much what I just said, the next step would be to incorporate some type of variable cam/valve timing. This would most likely mean a new frame since the motor would definitely be different. Can't wait for 2025!!! For now, I'll just pick up a 2019 ZX10RR at the end of the 2021 racing season hahaha!

Reactions: jd41
81 - 100 of 234 Posts