Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
401 - 420 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,069 Posts
why is this news?? I'd say the same thing if it was a ZX10R, all these American dyno "pro's" :ROFLMAO: "making huge gains" called removing the restrictions that they seem to only put in the USA and some small countries, and to trigger some people its not emissions restrictions lol given that the EU/UK bikes adhere to the leader in emission restrictions the EU commission, yet still have the full power. Above image 184 is just a stock EU bike.
Spot on! What a shame the US market needs this ability to hack into the ECU just to unlock what every other country gets by default!

But @Matchetjr is also correct.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
why is this news?? I'd say the same thing if it was a ZX10R, all these American dyno "pro's" :ROFLMAO: "making huge gains" called removing the restrictions that they seem to only put in the USA and some small countries, and to trigger some people its not emissions restrictions lol given that the EU/UK bikes adhere to the leader in emission restrictions the EU commission, yet still have the full power. Above image 184 is just a stock EU bike.

ZX10R should be straight forward for Woolich, outside updated security its the same ECU hardware, just have to get one to Justin.
Its not the same hardware anymore, and Justin and others continue to bang their heads against a brick wall.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Its not the same hardware anymore, and Justin and others continue to bang their heads against a brick wall.
The r1 has new hardware yes but I'm sure Justin will figure it out, given woolich is the wsbk technical partner for superstock.

Zx10r hardware is the same so that should be a problem and this is a 10r forum 😁. He's figured out pretty much every other bike and now Kawasaki jetskis so I'm sure it's more a case of having the time and a bike to pull the ECU off and get around its security.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The r1 has new hardware yes but I'm sure Justin will figure it out, given woolich is the wsbk technical partner for superstock.

Zx10r hardware is the same so that should be a problem and this is a 10r forum 😁. He's figured out pretty much every other bike and now Kawasaki jetskis so I'm sure it's more a case of having the time and a bike to pull the ECU off and get around its security.
I’ve heard woolich isnt even trying to flash the new zx10 though. Which sucks. They said something about other bikes being higher priority.

·
Registered
296 Posts

ZX10R should be straight forward for Woolich, outside updated security its the same ECU hardware, just have to get one to Justin.
maybe you didnt understand, this is not their final tune, they just wanted to show progress so far and being the first ones to crack it.

the full tune will include a lot more than just re-restriction... throttle response, quicksifter adjustments, rev limit, etc... so its a lot more than just the EU stock tuning.

·
Registered
757 Posts
maybe you didnt understand, this is not their final tune, they just wanted to show progress so far and being the first ones to crack it.

the full tune will include a lot more than just re-restriction... throttle response, quicksifter adjustments, rev limit, etc... so its a lot more than just the EU stock tuning.
I didn't not understand anything if you read there post the key point was AMAZING America power from 159 to 184!!!! talks about putting things to how they come stock in EU/UK/AU great. No mention of quickshifter adjustment rev limit etc those will still take more work to see if same as past R1's, and then if not figure out how those settings and tables interact. My point being I find it lolz these massive power gainz!!! bro you got the flash tune 🤪. when these are standard almost everywhere else. It is an achievement to have broken the security and now have access to the ECU though. You have to change things on the bike before tuning the ECU becomes relevant even basic things like block off plates.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I’ve heard woolich isnt even trying to flash the new zx10 though. Which sucks. They said something about other bikes being higher priority.
I'm sure he will because BC performance here in Australia will no doubt ask for help as they currently racing in the ASBK. It's probably just not priority no.1 business after all you go where you can get the most return, new bike in short supply isnt one of them, unless its same as 2020 which i think it is bar some new interaction with the new dash etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sure he will because BC performance here in Australia will no doubt ask for help as they currently racing in the ASBK. It's probably just not priority no.1 business after all you go where you can get the most return, new bike in short supply isnt one of them, unless its same as 2020 which i think it is bar some new interaction with the new dash etc.
I hope so

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
I can see the stock ECU being lower priority since most race orgs allow OEM race kits as stock. As long as it's made by the manufacture you can use the race ECU and harness. So most Racers will buy that for racing (my bike also has the KRT kit).

I thought the 2021 had same hardware, but new programing language?

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
Scott Redding bitching about the Ducati

Rea is the main one consistently at the front...If you remove Rea, I think he would win way easier. Just like Marq in Moto GP... remove him from the equation and everyone else is winning.
The Ducati loylalist are the ones who demand that single sided swing arm. Back when Ducati made the 999, they focused on making a competitive bike and a single sided swing arm is not that. Maybe ducati need to make a very limited edtiion...again...with a traditional twin spar swing arm like there moto gp bike....

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
Got the 2021 ZX10R Akrapavic full system in wednesday...

My friend got his in also...
he installed it already...did a comparo of the stock ones to the Akra

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Not sure on weight...1st picture of mines wrapped up is SS....the other pictures of the two are both Ti.

In the past the Akra SS were always lighter than Factory Ti system. On Akra sight it said about 13lbs lighter? THe change is more for the performance Not sure if the headers have cats in them far up.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Scott Redding bitching about the Ducati

Chaz Davies said the same thing about the Ducati for years. "Impossible to be consistent with the Italian bike in WSBK" I blame the frameless design??? Get the sexy trellis back in business. But the BSB boys don't seem to have issues with the bike and Rinaldi just dominated @ Misano :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

401 - 420 of 437 Posts