Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

361 - 380 of 426 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Those Race Fairings look good.... wonder what brand? I like the side vents they kept in the deign. Im sure the price tag on the new fairings will be high.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would love to know the benefits of the tail winglets, also how the wsbk version differs from the OEM in terms of performance.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Would love to know the benefits of the tail winglets, also how the wsbk version differs from the OEM in terms of performance.
No way in hell it has any benefits lol I think its all PR marketing to make the bike look like it has way more updates. I think the biggest update to the NON RR is ECU and electronics connected, Fairings, TFT Dash, change in Geometry (longer swingarm, steering head angle). All good updates, but most of that will benefit Track/Racers, not Street buyers who make up the majority of the money made.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
No way in hell it has any benefits lol I think its all PR marketing to make the bike look like it has way more updates.
Well, I haven't seen any wind tunnel flow analysis of it, but I would say they do add a little bit. Not much, but when you're at that level every little thing helps.

Those "wings" aren't really wings as much as ducts. They help direct the airflow around the tail. It can help with the aerodynamic drag and turbulence off the tailsection. If you keep it smooth and direct the airflow properly, it will help. The R1 has bigger openings than this one does, but it's the same basic concept - manage the airflow better and you'll see improvements aerodynamically at high speeds. Not anything cruising down the freeway, however. :D Small improvements with the turbulence out the back can break down the drafting for people behind you and improve the topspeed.

They've played around with this stuff in the past with exhaust exits. Undertail exhausts came about hoping to keep the exhaust pulse from upsetting the airflow around the bike. The benefits didn't really pan out and the negatives of the routing of the pipes and added weight was more than it helped with the airflow. That design phase didn't really stay around too long. Looked cool though!

Reactions: SpazOnaZX

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
Well, I haven't seen any wind tunnel flow analysis of it, but I would say they do add a little bit. Not much, but when you're at that level every little thing helps.

Those "wings" aren't really wings as much as ducts. They help direct the airflow around the tail. It can help with the aerodynamic drag and turbulence off the tailsection. If you keep it smooth and direct the airflow properly, it will help. The R1 has bigger openings than this one does, but it's the same basic concept - manage the airflow better and you'll see improvements aerodynamically at high speeds. Not anything cruising down the freeway, however. :D Small improvements with the turbulence out the back can break down the drafting for people behind you and improve the topspeed.

They've played around with this stuff in the past with exhaust exits. Undertail exhausts came about hoping to keep the exhaust pulse from upsetting the airflow around the bike. The benefits didn't really pan out and the negatives of the routing of the pipes and added weight was more than it helped with the airflow. That design phase didn't really stay around too long. Looked cool though!
Only problem is on the front straights where this would be usefull...they are pushed way back pressed against the tail...so for the most part...they ass plugged the exit holes lol

·
Registered
09 ZX10R Anniversary Edition
57 Posts
Do the 2021 ZX10R's still fell like a big wide bike? One thing I love about my 09 is how wide and big it feels. Im a bigger dude so I like the bigger bikes. I hear the new liters all feel like 600's to sit on?

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,037 Posts
The Gen4 definitely feels small compared to my super duke! I can’t comment from a position of authority on Gen5/6, but I suspect they are pretty similar

·
Registered
ZX10RR
359 Posts
I have a 2018 and it feels huge compared to a 2018 CBR. Im small so I really felt much better on the cbr

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
2004-2005
2008-2010 Felt small....R1/CBR like....

2006-2007
2011-2021
feels big...like the classic 2000-2003 ZX6R and ZX9R
I love the gen 4 to Gen6 feel....same basic ergos...same tank and seat....2021 seat is slightly caved in and raised up...not a fan..its harder than the Gen 5 seat.But my new Saddleman seat fit so that is what ill be using. I need to get my Gen 5 ready for sale.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
Im just starting to see Gen 6 race bikes on track....havent seen race fairings for sale yet tho...

361 - 380 of 426 Posts